Thread: Voting on Bailout Package Now....

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Voting on Bailout Package Now.... 
    As of now, the bill has failed. 207-226

Lets see if they can pull some arms, or if it will fail.

Dow is down 400
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Good......

Power CUer
    Glad you're happy about the market implosion. I was actually hoping to retire someday.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Glad you're happy about the market implosion. I was actually hoping to retire someday.
    Pay the piper now, or pay the piper later. I'm not happy about the impolosion, but considering that I'm going to be one of the people they expect to pay this via taxes, I'd just as soon everybody tighten their belts and suck it up. My retirement is going to shit, I'm sure as well. Add to that the fact that I won't get to see a penny of the SS I keep paying in (double, since I'm self employed), and I'm just about ready to tell them all to piss up a rope.

While I'd like to see the market steady itself, putting this kind of debt on the taxpayers is not the answer.

226 against, 207 for. It did not pass.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Hallelujah. Amen. Thank God.

We will survive. The market will recover leaner, stronger, and better able to handle responsible debt. It may take a couple of years or more, but it is high time we worked through all this and got it over with.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    It's your Liberal party sweety send a letter to Barney Fag Or BlunderBuss Dodd .Pelosi will love to hear from a party member also !!
    Last edited by megimoo; 09-29-2008 at 02:30 PM.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    It's your Liberal party sweety !!
    It's the Republicans who voted it down. I'm not in the mood for you today, you insufferable asshole.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

It's the Republicans who voted it down. I'm not in the mood for you today, you insufferable asshole.
    :eek: OH SNAP!

(that's so perfect!)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrooms View Post
    We will survive. The market will recover leaner, stronger, and better able to handle responsible debt. It may take a couple of years or more, but it is high time we worked through all this and got it over with.

Without the praise to the Almighty, I agree. It's going to take time, and our investments have been moved to a safe place as of this morning. But this is a nightmare we didn't have to have.