1. #1 Man Charged With DUI Despite Blowing .000 During Breathalyzer Test 
    SURPRISE, Ariz. (CBS Cleveland) — Arizona authorities charge a man for driving under the influence despite him blowing a .000 on a breathalyzer test.

KNXV-TV reports that 64-year-old Jessie Thornton – a native of Ohio – was recently pulled over by Surprise police after he recently left an LA Fitness gym. Thornton then says the officer accused him of driving drunk.

“He walked up and he said ‘I can tell you’re driving DUI by looking in your eyes,’” Thornton told KNXV.

Thornton was then given a sobriety test.

“I take my glasses off and he says, ‘You’ve got bloodshot eyes.’ I said, ‘I’ve been swimming at LA Fitness,’ and he says, ‘I think you’re DUI,’” said Thornton. “He goes, ‘Well we’re going to do a sobriety test.’ I said, ‘OK, but I got bad knees and a bad hip with surgery in two days.’”

Documents obtained by KNXV shows that Thornton did have hip replacement surgery shortly after his arrest.
    Read More>http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2013/0...thalyzer-test/
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 06-10-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

States, Counties, and Municipalities have caught on to the DUI/OUI/DWI money machine, and are pulling that handle as often as they can.

Field sobriety tests are next to useless, as up to 20% of the population can fail one or more of the tests, even without a drop of alcohol in their system.

The PBT is so inaccurate it can't be admitted as evidence, and only serves as probable cause for a station breath test.

A full breathalyzer is based on the junk science of partition ratios, and serves as no reliable indicator of BAC, let alone impairment.

MADD is the new temperance movement, and the police are making huge money for their employers by playing along.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post
    States, Counties, and Municipalities have caught on to the DUI/OUI/DWI money machine, and are pulling that handle as often as they can.

Field sobriety tests are next to useless, as up to 20% of the population can fail one or more of the tests, even without a drop of alcohol in their system.

The PBT is so inaccurate it can't be admitted as evidence, and only serves as probable cause for a station breath test.

A full breathalyzer is based on the junk science of partition ratios, and serves as no reliable indicator of BAC, let alone impairment.

MADD is the new temperance movement, and the police are making huge money for their employers by playing along.
    Exactly, and all under the guise of public safety, disagree with them and they will shame you into shutting up.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

It's Arizona! Surprise is close to Sun City... Yer old, you pay.... period!

Hell you win a case, you STILL pay!

Just found out I have ANOTHER ticket to pay... even though I haven't been there in 7 years
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Funny how cops never pull over illegals. Guess they don't pay.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Despite the DUI charge being dropped, his car was impounded. He is now suing the City of Surprise for half a million dollars.
    And well he should. The DUI industry in this country has gotten completely out of control and needs to be reined in bigtime.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post

Excellent post, especially the last sentence.
    U.S. Army, Retired

I don't think any other state is worse than NJ when it comes to using the car as a cash cow.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    And well he should. The DUI industry in this country has gotten completely out of control and needs to be reined in bigtime.

Agreed. MADD just couldn't stop with lowering the legal limit to .80 and blackmailing all the states to raise their drinking ages to 21. They always have to take it farther. That is the problem with groups that are originally founded by the grieving. They don't know when to quit.

In California, we have some help with this:

Mr Checkpoint

Southern Cal: Text the word, IEDUI to the number, 51515