Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The Russians are Christians.

If Christianity is Jewish wine in a pagan bottle, then Islam is a Jewish drunk with a Christian sword. Or something like that.
    You mean, "The Russians are Christians, most of whom don't practice the religion."

Not sure what you're talking about with the sword, pagan bottles, and Jewish drunks.
    U.S. Army, Retired

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    You mean, "The Russians are Christians, most of whom don't practice the religion."
    That's true of all Christian populations. If every Christian in the US were to actually go to the 10 am next Sunday (ANd what is up with nondenominational churches starting at 9:45?) the buildings would collapse.... or burst.

That's true of all Christian populations. If every Christian in the US were to actually go to the 10 am next Sunday (ANd what is up with nondenominational churches starting at 9:45?) the buildings would collapse.... or burst.
    I favor "burst" myself. The stained glass windows aren't too secure. Something about soft lead.
    U.S. Army, Retired

The 9:45 thing is usually because they have two services, and the second one is at 11:00, so they have 15 minutes to clear and refill the parking lot.

The UMC church I go to on Sundays has service at 11:00. It is an old, inner-city church-a big space with a smaller congregation than the building was originally built to serve. If it ever got busy, there is a mostly unused balcony for seating. It is a beautiful building, though, built in the 30s, with stained glass windows, intricate designs in the cement, tile and wood furnishings, and so on. They don't build church buildings like that anymore, but Woodward AVE in Detroit is lined with them. One or two are vacant and crumbling, but most are still there and well-maintained.

Well, we'd better get ready for a new influx of gay Russians into California. The HRC will lobby Congress for political asylum for Russian gays, and I can't see them wanting to live in Arkansas.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    So the commies and the muzzies loathe the gays so much that they make laws outlawing their existence.

Keep railing against those Christians, gay community.

I think it seems that way here in America because we are a Christian majority. I'm sure if we are a Muslim majority, they would be taking the brunt of the action. Either way, interesting law. I wonder what they mean by promoting homosexuality.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

The Russians are Christians.

If Christianity is Jewish wine in a pagan bottle, then Islam is a Jewish drunk with a Christian sword. Or something like that.
    But Christianity is not Jewish wine in a pagan bottle. If anything, it is an aged-to-perfection Jewish wine in a New bottle. Islam is a sad rehash of religious traditions packed into a call for war upon the world.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    I think it seems that way here in America because we are a Christian majority. I'm sure if we are a Muslim majority, they would be taking the brunt of the action. Either way, interesting law. I wonder what they mean by promoting homosexuality.

I think anything that the Russian government decides is promoting homosexuality is what this law is about. I do not think that this is a good sign for Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    But Christianity is not Jewish wine in a pagan bottle. If anything, it is an aged-to-perfection Jewish wine in a New bottle. Islam is a sad rehash of religious traditions packed into a call for war upon the world.
    If you continue with the alcohol analogy, Islam would be a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Well, we'd better get ready for a new influx of gay Russians into California. The HRC will lobby Congress for political asylum for Russian gays, and I can't see them wanting to live in Arkansas.
    Which is a shame, because Arkansas and Mississippi could use some gentrification. Seriously, wouldn't it be a hoot if Mississippi became the new gay enclave? Try this, tell someone you're going to Mississippi for an art show or opera opening. Take a picture of their expression.