Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    Tim Tebow’s ‘Spirituality’ No Small Factor For Patriots Owner Robert Kraft

Don't understand why spirituality is in quotes, but I digress...

Tim Tebow’s ‘Spirituality’ No Small Factor For Patriots Owner Robert Kraft

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The word in New England on Tuesday was “Tebow.”

The next day it was all about “spirituality.”

Coincidence? Not at all.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft said Wednesday that Tim Tebow’s faith-based makeup was a factor in deciding to bring the quarterback into the fold.

“He’s a winner, and the fact that spirituality is so important to him is very appealing to me,” Kraft said, according to CBS Boston.

The report included two more quotes with the word “spirituality.” Kraft was speaking from a charity event in honor of his late wife, Myra:

– “For me personally, having Tim Tebow on this team, he’s someone who believes in spirituality, he’s very competitive, works hard and has a great attitude.”

– “You can’t have enough good people around you, and (Tebow) has the added dimension of spirituality being so important to him, and that personally appeals to me a lot.”

KEIDEL: TIM’S GONE, SO GET A GRIP

Tebow was cut by the Jets in April after one disappointing season in New York. Many wondered whether he was through in the NFL — until the Patriots swooped in and signed him to a non-guaranteed two-year deal.

New England coach Bill Belichick has been mum on Tebow’s role, though with future Hall of Famer Tom Brady under center you can be sure there will be no QB controversy this time around.

“Watching Tebow throw yesterday, to me, he looked pretty good,” said Kraft. “It’s fun having him here. It’s nice to have three quarterbacks who can throw it really well.”

Kraft also channeled his inner Woody Johnson, the Jets owner who made headlines last year for saying “you can never have enough Tim Tebow.” Except Johnson was presumably talking about the football player. Kraft was speaking of the man.

“You can’t get enough people like him,” Kraft said, according to USA Today. “Life is about collecting good people around you. You can’t have enough good people.”

We would have loved to have him play for the Lions, but that wouldn't really be fair to Tebow. Also, he is free to pray all he wants during games here, because the true Lions fans are also praying.

Seriously, though, I think he just needs to find the right coach and team to work with.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    We would have loved to have him play for the Lions, but that wouldn't really be fair to Tebow. Also, he is free to pray all he wants during games here, because the true Lions fans are also praying.

Seriously, though, I think he just needs to find the right coach and team to work with.
    I just don't think he's an NFL quarterback, the way the league operates now. He is athletic enough to contribute as an occasional QB, H-back, TE, or in some other fashion.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I just don't think he's an NFL quarterback, the way the league operates now. He is athletic enough to contribute as an occasional QB, H-back, TE, or in some other fashion.
    As a Christian I am loath to knock him but as a QB he really isn't all that good. If he had the talent and with his will to win he'd win 5 SB easy
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    As a Christian I am loath to knock him but as a QB he really isn't all that good. If he had the talent and with his will to win he'd win 5 SB easy
    I'll bash anyone, Christian or not.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

Well, Bellichick did make Cassell look like an NFL QB so anything's possible.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

7. #17 Tim Tebow Catches Passes During Patriots’ First Practice Of Training Camp 
    Power CUer
    Tim Tebow Catches Passes During Patriots’ First Practice Of Training Camp

BOSTON (CBS) — Aaron Hernandez is in jail, Rob Gronkowski is on the mend from several surgeries, and the Patriots need a tight end.

Enter Tim Tebow?

While the presence of the 6-foot-3, 236-pound Tebow on the roster led to much speculation all summer that Bill Belichick could employ the quarterback in a pass-catching role, it was unclear if the Patriots would go that route. After all, Tebow has exactly zero career receptions in his three-year NFL career and four-year college career at Florida.

Yet on the first day of practice, Tebow did indeed catch some passes in drills, something neither Tom Brady or Ryan Mallett did. He also lined up with running backs and receivers for one non-contact tackling drill, according to NFL Network’s Albert Breer. It could be an indication that the Patriots might use Tebow in some pass-catching role in some capacity, or it could mean nothing at all, other than Belichick messing with everybody.

The head coach did speak before the practice session, and he would not say whether the Patriots would solely use Tebow as a quarterback.

“I think that we’ll use Tim wherever we feel like he’s best for the team and I know that’s what he’s committed to doing as well, whatever that is,” Belichick said.

After the practice, Tebow shared a similar message.

“I’m going to do what coach asks me to do,” Tebow said, while noting that he’s only been in quarterback meetings thus far.

Tebow also had praise for the starting quarterback of the team.

“He’s one of the best of all time,” Tebow said of Tom Brady. “You get to watch it, you get to sit in the meetings with him, talk to him …You pick up a lot of good things, a lot of good traits.”

So will the Patriots eventually use Tebow as a tight end this season? Let the speculation continue.

I think Tebow will be the Pats TE. And I think he'll be a good one that won't get into trouble!

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA