Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    The problem is we have a bloated welfare state with unfettered access. We do not have an illegal immigrant problem. We have a problem with anyone crossing the border getting complete welfare no questions asked. Great post.

    Let me tell you first hand that Law enforcement organizations cannot ever meet the demand to round up process and move to deport every illegal here. They are undermanned, underfunded. It's all government lip service, because they are not providing the resources to make it happen. We only have one office in my region for this and they may get the ones that get locked up for petty crimes.

    I agree with the OPs main point. But it's interesting no one was calling McCain a Faux-Conservative and he was one of the main supporters of the complete Amnesty program. It's not a deal breaker for me regarding Rand. He's understands the major issues.

    Never heard anyone yet, until today, call any GOP Congressmen or Senator who was directly elected on the Tea Party wave a Fake. The way things are going lately in congress, they are the next leaders.
    How many times have illegals committed crimes, been arrested, even gone to prison, only to be RELEASED RIGHT BACK ONTO THE STREETS TO COMMIT MORE CRIMES! How about we start be deporting the ones in custody. That'd be a good start. This is why the "we can't deport all of them" argument is a weak one. Oh, and for the record, please name me one person here who ever thought McCain was/is conservative let alone said as much.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Uh, yes. That would be like saying should we empty out the prisons because of a few mistakes made? As for being a danger to society, how many DUI accidents, murders, rapes, etc at the hands of illegals must there be to realize that making them legal is not a good idea? And the inscription on the Statue of Liberty didn't say come here and live off the backs of the taxpayers, which is what a majority of these people are going to do. And it isn't just being here/coming here illegally. They are identity thieves not to mention getting bogus registrations and tags...unless you believe those plates from Pennsylvania, North Carolina, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Texas all in Bridgeton, NJ are legit. They are criminals and criminals need to be punished.
    Your hyperbole aside, no one is suggesting that criminals be offered citizenship. On the contrary most everyone, save Liberals, is talking about honest, hard-working families not the scum-sucking human shit bags who engage in DUI's and other crimes against our society. Your argument is like saying all Asians are proficient at the martial arts because Bruce Li was unusually awesome and was Chinese. You cannot ascribe to the many the activities and natures of the few.

    There are illegals, most of them actually, that simply wanted a better way of life and foolishly ignored our immigration laws in order to access that life. Had they tried to enter legally would they have gotten that same chance?

    I'm not apologizing for these illegals and I think they should be punished. However, do I think parents should be ripped from their children because they risked their lives crossing a desert because their life in Mexico demanded that try for something better? I have a hard time with that one when we have murderers walking free upon our streets because some cop forgot to read him is rights or some other technicality. I also know that rounding all of these souls up would be so daunting as to border on impossible. I think that if we successfully close our borders so that no more illegals are pouring through them, we should be able to deal with any and all illegals who are already here in a manner that punishes hardened criminals as just that and those whose only crime was unsanctioned immigration with a degree of compassion that allows their family to remain intact in the America that adopted this message for those who would choose to be American.

    Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!


    Hardly an invitation intended for the wealthy elite of society, was it? How far we have fallen since the generation that embraced the sentiment set to forth in these words. There was a time when we were less caught up in an exercise of us versus them primarily because they were us.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,912
    Amazing how some people take a sharp turn left when it comes to this issue. Guess rule of law doesn't matter and stop with the liberal "ripping parents from their children" crap. This isn't a human rights issue. It's a rule of law issue. Fuck all of them, hard working or not. There is no fundamental right to live here. So using your logic, let's just open the borders up and let everyone in. Africans. Mexicans, Central Americans, Eskimos, Pygmies, everyone. Why stop at Mexicans? Let's just rip down the border and let the whole fucking world in for free. I'm tired of this frigging nonsense. I bet that all 12 million here are hard working people. Not one wants to be on the welfare rolls. You keep telling yourself that. I'm willing to bet this has something to do with someone close to you. I believe I'm 100% right on that. Well, tough. The law is the law and if there is no rule of law then what do we have? And there is no comparison to when my ancestors came here from Sicily. My ancestors had to have a sponsor. They had to enter the country at a certain point. They were poked, prodded, and then were they allowed in. If they were a criminal, g'bye. But let's just empty out the prisons and have total anarchy. God forbid we have the rule of law.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,649
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Amazing how some people take a sharp turn left when it comes to this issue. Guess rule of law doesn't matter and stop with the liberal "ripping parents from their children" crap. This isn't a human rights issue. It's a rule of law issue. Fuck all of them, hard working or not. There is no fundamental right to live here. So using your logic, let's just open the borders up and let everyone in. Africans. Mexicans, Central Americans, Eskimos, Pygmies, everyone. Why stop at Mexicans? Let's just rip down the border and let the whole fucking world in for free. I'm tired of this frigging nonsense. I bet that all 12 million here are hard working people. Not one wants to be on the welfare rolls. You keep telling yourself that. I'm willing to bet this has something to do with someone close to you. I believe I'm 100% right on that. Well, tough. The law is the law and if there is no rule of law then what do we have? And there is no comparison to when my ancestors came here from Sicily. My ancestors had to have a sponsor. They had to enter the country at a certain point. They were poked, prodded, and then were they allowed in. If they were a criminal, g'bye. But let's just empty out the prisons and have total anarchy. God forbid we have the rule of law.
    Hi5
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    In his prepared text for a speech he is delivering today at the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference and Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles, Sen. Rand Paul (R.-Ky.) said to illegal aliens who want to live and work in the United States: “[W]e will find a place for you.”

    Paul also said he envisions today’s illegal aliens becoming additional “taxpayers.”

    “Imagine 12 million people who are already here coming out of the shadows to become new taxpayers,” said Paul.

    Illegal aliens working in the United States today are not exempted from complying with the nation's tax laws anymore than they are exempted from complying with U.S. laws governing immigration or document fraud.

    “First, everyone has to acknowledge that we aren’t going to deport 12 million illegal immigrants,” said Paul. “If you wish to work, if you wish to live and work in America, then we will find a place for you.

    “In order to bring conservatives to this cause however, those who work for reform must understand that a real solution must ensure that our borders are secure,” said Paul. “But we also must treat those who are already here with understanding and compassion.”

    Paul said that his plan would first secure the border and then grant work visas to illegal aliens.

    “The first part of my plan--border security--must be certified by Border Patrol and an Investigator General and then voted on by Congress to ensure it has been accomplished,” said Paul. “This is what I call, Trust but Verify.

    “With this in place, I believe conservatives will accept what needs to come next, an issue that must be addressed: what becomes of the 12 million undocumented workers in the United States?” said Paul.

    “My plan is very simple and will include work visas for those who are here, who are willing to come forward and work,” he said.

    Paul said that his plan is not an amnesty but will put illegal aliens into a “probationary period.”

    “Conservatives are wary of amnesty. My plan will not grant amnesty or move anyone to the front of the line,” said Paul. "But what we have now is de facto amnesty. The solution doesn’t have to be amnesty or deportation-a middle ground might be called probation where those who came illegally become legal through a probationary period.”http://m.cnsnews.com/news/article/ra...-new-taxpayers
    I have a better idea, Mr Paul. Enforce the law, deport each and every illegal you can find, and replace them with the legal immigrants that have been waiting for years.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    I have a better idea, Mr Paul. Enforce the law, deport each and every illegal you can find, and replace them with the legal immigrants that have been waiting for years.
    Well, some here feel we should just open up the borders to the whole world because, well, it's the compassionate thing to do.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,892
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Well, some here feel we should just open up the borders to the whole world because, well, it's the compassionate thing to do.
    They never seem to think that it is less than compassionate to the Mexicans that came here legally and will have to compete with them for jobs, I also have a Mexican friend that came here legally that has had his identity stolen twice by his former countrymen who were here illegally, when they are caught nothing is done and they just prey on someone else. Real compassionate.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    yeah well Tyrone in St pete is a black problem. I wouldn't be caught dead in that area. very dangerous.
    I think you have your landmarks off a bit. Tyrone is overwhelmingly white. What blacks there are, are concentrated in a few apartment buildings back by the old RR right of way. Poor blacks live in "midtown" and Childs Park. Middle class blacks live in Lakeview and Pinellas Point. As always, waterfront is white.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    The problem is we have a bloated welfare state with unfettered access. We do not have an illegal immigrant problem. We have a problem with anyone crossing the border getting complete welfare no questions asked. Great post.
    I guess that al depends on your definitions. Most welfare is directed at the welfare of children. It's often impossible to provide for children without their parents deriving benefit. American born children living in poverty are entitled to food, housing, and healthcare. As I understand it, food and healthcare is also provided to foreign born children. But in any case, Maria Concetta Gonzales cannot come to the US and get public housing, food stamps, and a medicaid card as far as I know. Feel free to point to facts to the contrary.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    But in any case, Maria Concetta Gonzales cannot come to the US and get public housing, food stamps, and a medicaid card as far as I know. Feel free to point to facts to the contrary.
    The united States Government advertises on radio in Mexico exactly how illegals can apply when they get to the US to draw all welfare benifits.
    I thought I posted a story awhile back about that, when I find it again I will re-post it.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •