Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Upon examining the photos of unmitigated destruction your neighborhood has suffered I can only conclude that you are prone to exaggeration.
    The destruction of a community doesn't always look like a tornado hit. I have a problem with two rental houses near my house. Both have had one check tenants, tenants who pay one month's rent and then wait to be evicted. Before they are evicted, they usually allow the utilities to be cut off. They stop mowing the lawn or picking up trash deposited there by themselves or passing yoots on their way to the high school. My neighbors and I have mowed the grass at the corner house because the landlord is irresponsible. He just repaired the roof this week for damage done by a storm shortly after Katrina went by. The landlords can't keep tenants because the rents are artificially inflated for some reason. Given the number of vacant properties in this area, and the cost of buying a house in this area, I would say that the rents are at least 50% overpriced. Landlords would counter that the quality of the renters means it's better to charge more and have a higher turn over than to charge less and have stable tenants. There is a name for that, but it's not been socially acceptable since 1970.

http://www.teaparty.org/feds-caught-...-aliens-23519/
    udicial Watch report: Obama cannot be trusted to protect borders

Judicial Watch today released documents detailing how the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is working with the Mexican government to promote participation by illegal aliens in the U.S. food stamp program.

The promotion of the food stamp program, now known as “SNAP” (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), includes a Spanish-language flyer provided to the Mexican Embassy by the USDA with a statement advising Mexicans in the U.S. that they do not need to declare their immigration status in order to receive financial assistance. Emphasized in bold and underlined, the statement reads, “You need not divulge information regarding your immigration status in seeking this benefit for your children.”

FAX BLAST SPECIAL: NO AMNESTY for Illegals!

The documents came in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request made to USDA on July 20, 2012. The FOIA request sought: “Any and all records of communication relating to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) to Mexican Americans, Mexican nationals, and migrant communities, including but not limited to, communications with the Mexican government.”

The documents obtained by Judicial Watch show that USDA officials are working closely with their counterparts at the Mexican Embassy to widely broaden the SNAP program in the Mexican immigrant community, with no effort to restrict aid to, identify, or apprehend illegal immigrants who may be on the food stamp rolls. In an email to Borjon Lopez-Coterilla and Jose Vincente of the Mexican Embassy, dated January 26, 2012, Yibo Wood of the USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) sympathized with the plight of illegal aliens applying for food stamps, saying, “FNS understands that mixed status households may be particularly vulnerable. Many of these households contain a non-citizen parent and a citizen child.”

The email from Wood to Lopez-Coterilla and Vincente came in response to a request from the Mexican Embassy that the USDA FNS step in to prevent the state of Kansas from changing its food stamp policy to restrict the amount of financial assistance provided to illegal aliens. In a January 22, 2012, article, the Kansas City Star had revealed that the state would no longer include illegal aliens in its calculations of the amount of assistance to be provided low-income Hispanic families in order to prevent discrimination against legal recipients.

The documents, obtained by Judicial Watch in August 2012, include the following:

March 30, 2012 – The USDA seeks approval of the Mexican Embassy in drafting a letter addressed to consulates throughout the United States designed to encourage Mexican embassy staffers to enroll in a webinar learn how to promote increased enrollment among “the needy families that the consulates serve.”

August 1, 2011 – The USDA FNS initiates contact with the Mexican Embassy in New York to implement programs already underway in DC and Philadelphia for maximizing participation among Mexican citizens. The Mexican Embassy responds that the Consul General is eager to strengthen his ties to the USDA, with specific interest in promoting the food stamp program.

February 25, 2011 – The USDA and the Mexican Consulate exchange ideas about getting the First Ladies of Mexico and United States to visit a school for purposes of creating a photo opportunity that would promote free school lunches for low-income students in a predominantly Hispanic school. Though a notation in the margin of the email claims that the photo op never took place, UPI reported that it actually did.

March 3, 2010 – A flyer advertises a webinar to teach Hispanic-focused nonprofits how to get reimbursed by the USDA for serving free lunch over the summer. The course, funded by American taxpayers, is advertised as being “free for all participants.”

February 9 , 2010 – USDA informs the Mexican Embassy that, based on an agreement reached between the State Department and the Immigration & Naturalization Service (now ICE), the Women, Infants & Children (WIC) food voucher program does not violate immigration laws prohibiting immigrants from becoming a “public charge.”

As far back as 2006, in its Corruption Chronicles blog, Judicial Watch revealed that the USDA was spending taxpayer money to run Spanish-language television ads encouraging illegal immigrants to apply for government-financed food stamps. The Mexican Consul in Santa Ana, CA, at the time even starred in some of the U.S. Government-financed television commercials, which explained the program and provided a phone number to apply. In the widely viewed commercial the Consul assured that receiving food stamps “won’t affect your immigration status.”

In 2012, Judicial Watch reported that in a letter to USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack, Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions questioned the Obama administration’s partnership with Mexican consulates to encourage foreign nationals, migrant workers and non-citizen immigrants to apply for food stamps and other USDA administered welfare benefits. Sessions wrote, “It defies rational thinking, for the United States – now dangerously $16 trillion in debt – to partner with foreign governments to help us place more foreign nationals on American welfare and it is contrary to good immigration policy in the United States.”

“The revelation that the USDA is actively working with the Mexican government to promote food stamps for illegal aliens should have a direct impact on the fate of the immigration bill now being debated in Congress,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “These disclosures further confirm the fact that the Obama administration cannot be trusted to protect our borders or enforce our immigration laws. And the coordination with a foreign government to attack the policies of an American state is contemptible.”

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-r...llegal-aliens/
    - See more at: http://www.teaparty.org/feds-caught-....KxhYd3OO.dpuf
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I guess that al depends on your definitions. Most welfare is directed at the welfare of children. It's often impossible to provide for children without their parents deriving benefit. American born children living in poverty are entitled to food, housing, and healthcare. As I understand it, food and healthcare is also provided to foreign born children. But in any case, Maria Concetta Gonzales cannot come to the US and get public housing, food stamps, and a medicaid card as far as I know. Feel free to point to facts to the contrary.
    And Child production is "encouraged" under the current system, which is why it is the foundation of the method poor and illegal immigrants use to gain accessibility. I don't have any problem with someone coming here and doing work and seeking to make a better living. But, you cannot for long subsidize the many on the backs of the few. And the system will someday be unsustainable. And the many "children" that will suffer when this occurs will be a far greater calamity than reordering that system with private innovations the left is afraid of.

We have philosophic differences on the word "entitled". You are not entitled to anything that requires someone else to provide it. You believe that things such as health care, housing and food are rights, when in reality the "right" in those things is the ability to seek and provide them for you and your family.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Your hyperbole aside, no one is suggesting that criminals be offered citizenship. On the contrary most everyone, save Liberals, is talking about honest, hard-working families not the scum-sucking human shit bags who engage in DUI's and other crimes against our society. Your argument is like saying all Asians are proficient at the martial arts because Bruce Li was unusually awesome and was Chinese. You cannot ascribe to the many the activities and natures of the few.

I think you need to spend a little time in south Florida and I don't mean crusing down US 1 on your way to a Key West gay pride celebration. I lived in Homestead for 18 months with all those third world country scumbags and I'm a strong proponent of deporting them all. When I was down there ol' Splash Kennedy was talking about those poor undocumented workers living in the shadows but that was complete bullshit. They run the place now that they've been allowed to enter the country unfettered and displace the American population who were practically forced to move out due to the slovenly and criminal lifestyle that the border jumpers led. Go stand in a grocery store behind a border jumping senorita with six anchor babies crawling on her buldging shopping cart and watch her pay for all that stuff with food stamps and then steal the shopping cart to carry it back to their rental house. Ride by these rental houses and look at the piles of shopping carts piled up in an empty lot. Ride down any street and try to count the number of empty plastic shopping bags lying everywhere. Go to a public park on a Sunday afternoon where they have completely taken over and look at the piles of empty beer cans and broken beer bottles and other assorted trash. Wake up on Sunday morning and find a drunk border jumper sleeping on your porch. Sit on your porch on Saturday night and try to keep track of all the gunshots that are fired in a two hour period. This is no exxageration. If you give amnesty to the 11+ million border jumpers already here it will only encourage more illegal entry and further balkanize and erode certain parts of the country and have a negative effect on the entire country.

The only solution is to implement a parallel plan of securing the border, deporting ALL illegals and enacting a moratorium on all immigration. Then, perhaps in 10 or 20 years, we can discuss allowing a very controlled amount of immigration.

And as far as that give us your weak and tired, well, we have a bumper crop of those and we don't need any more.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ