Thread: 10 kids, 2 dads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 10 kids, 2 dads 
    link

Star Member William769 (30,884 posts)

10 kids, 2 dads
    Trying to do a phone interview with Clint McCormack and Bryan Reamer, the two parents who were featured in OWN’s “10 Kids, 2 Dads” reality special last year, is a lot like trying to get honey out of a bee-lined hive. You’re not going to have an easy time of it. One kid comes in asking about food, another interrupts to talk about schoolwork, a third has just awoken from a nap and wants attention.

Still, somehow, the dads manage to live in this sort of controlled chaotic environment and create a loving family atmosphere where everyone is happy.

As a committed gay couple living in suburban Michigan, the couple knew they wanted to start a family, but 10 kids and nonstop commotion wasn’t exactly what they had envisioned.

What might seem crazy to most just felt right to the Farmington Hills couple, that originally set out to adopt just one child before eventually winding up with their 10 boys. McCormack comes from a family of six children while Reamer has just a brother, but both wanted to raise a family.

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2013/...-gay-adoption/

My sister used to be their neighbors, not only is she homophobic and a racist, she's a republican (go figure!).
    Yes my sister and her husband moved and the neighborhodd is better off for it.
    I've been waiting for all the scathing remarks about how that is too many kids, and they can't give them the love and the attention they need when they have so many kids. Every time there us an OP is about a large family, biological or adopted, they go on and on about how terrible it is, and call the parents every name in the book.

But so far it's *crickets*. I guess since it is two gay guys it all of a sudden makes it OK, or something.
    Star Member OKNancy (30,199 posts)
    1. Loved the article

Never saw the show, but it was nice to read the story about them.
    Sorry about your sister. It's her loss IMO
    Star Member handmade34 (9,630 posts)
    2. so wonderful!
    Star Member monmouth3 (1,287 posts)
    3. That was a great read. I'm exhausted and who's going to do the laundry?..LOL...n/t
    Star Member idwiyo (2,366 posts)
    4. K&R Great article, thank you for posting it.
    5. Your welcome.
    Star Member ReRe (3,327 posts)
    6. Thanks so much for this good news!

K&R

I think good news is catching up with the bad! These are two great guys. I hope they are left alone to raise all those boys. Families come in all shapes and sizes. And looks like they've got a good one going there. Here's a kiss and hug for all of them from MaMaw ReRe! (Sorry, Java turned off.)
    7. Right back atcha!
    Star Member Heidi (56,771 posts)
    8. Kick!

A heart touching Father's Day story from the left about two butt fuckers that still have time for children.

Shame those kids are being exposed to such a bad lifestyle :(
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Shame those kids are being exposed to such a bad lifestyle :(
    How many kids have you adopted?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    How many kids have you adopted?
    1 daughter who is being raised with a mother and father, not two homo's.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    1 daughter who is being raised with a mother and father, not two homo's.
    So they are ten times the parent you are. Especially when you consider that they adopted ten hard to place kids. What's your bragging right here?

Fabulous Poster
    This is terrible: my exchange with my friend Cruella

Nova, "Did you see the article where the two gay men adopted ten black kids?"

Cruella, "Do they own a farm?"

This is terrible: my exchange with my friend Cruella

Nova, "Did you see the article where the two gay men adopted ten black kids?"

Cruella, "Do they own a farm?"
    Captain Non Sequitur to the rescue!!!!
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

So they are ten times the parent you are. Especially when you consider that they adopted ten hard to place kids. What's your bragging right here?
    Perhaps something was so pathologically wrong with their relationship that they needed the kids to prevent them from dealing with each other. People adopt lots of things--kids, dogs, deadbeat friends to sleep on the couch--in order to avoid each other without having to actually break up.

Chaos is a good place to hide when your relationship is miserable.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Perhaps something was so pathologically wrong with their relationship that they needed the kids to prevent them from dealing with each other. People adopt lots of things--kids, dogs, deadbeat friends to sleep on the couch--in order to avoid each other without having to actually break up.

Chaos is a good place to hide when your relationship is miserable.
    That must be it. And having a baby saves marriages (according to hormonal psycho Gidget logic), so anytime some woman is pregnant it's because she's desperate.