Thread: Banning the Christian God from the Military

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    The problem is they are lumping individual government employees with the government itself. So what if someone has a Bible on their desk? It's not hurting anyone. Now they guys that drive around base soliciting me to go to their church; they're another story.

That's pretty much how I see it as a state employee. I don't even have a problem with people putting up notices on the board in the lunchroom for church programs, or having posters in their offices with religious sayings or Bibles on their desks. I do have a problem with an organized Bible study meeting at the office or a prayer group within the office because of the way people use such activities to suck up to administrators who participate. If they want to do that on their lunch hour at a restaurant or something, fine, but otherwise. I've seen people switch churches and start attending a manager's church in attempts to get promoted. That disgusts me and makes a mockery of faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Pretty sure they're some 2ID guys. Next time they stop by I'll drop the "No soliciting" bit on them.
    Just saying that you don't want to be solicited again should be enough. If they continue, then it's harassment, and they are pushing their luck with UCMJ.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!