Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Beer that disappoints..... 
    We have this really great store just up the road in Federal Way, Wa called "99 Bottles". They have on hand over a thousand types of beer and since I consider myself a beer snob, I go in every Friday night to by a six pack of my favorite beer AND buy two more bottles of a beer I've never tried before.
    So tonight I go in, they have my favorite in stock so I grab it first off since they only had two packs left. I then went over to the cooler to grab two random beers. Well, after having talked to many Texans, one of the beers I've always heard recommended was Shiner Bock brewed in Shiner, Texas.

The only question I have left after finishing that beer is "what in the fuck are you Texans drinking that makes this shit taste good"? The last time I was this disappointed in a beer was in 93 having some local beer in the Cayman Islands.....

That was the first question. The other question I have is what beer have you all tried that just disappointed the living hell out of you?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    We have this really great store just up the road in Federal Way, Wa called "99 Bottles". They have on hand over a thousand types of beer and since I consider myself a beer snob, I go in every Friday night to by a six pack of my favorite beer AND buy two more bottles of a beer I've never tried before.
    So tonight I go in, they have my favorite in stock so I grab it first off since they only had two packs left. I then went over to the cooler to grab two random beers. Well, after having talked to many Texans, one of the beers I've always heard recommended was Shiner Bock brewed in Shiner, Texas.

The only question I have left after finishing that beer is "what in the fuck are you Texans drinking that makes this shit taste good"? The last time I was this disappointed in a beer was in 93 having some local beer in the Cayman Islands.....

That was the first question. The other question I have is what beer have you all tried that just disappointed the living hell out of you?
    The Texans drink it and than put it back in the bottle for West coast latte drinkers and amateur beer drinkers.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The Texans drink it and than put it back in the bottle for West coast latte drinkers and amateur beer drinkers.
    Amateur beer drinkers?

Amateur beer drinkers?
    I had a lifetime of beer drank by 30 years old and look at you, you've barely started.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I had a lifetime of beer drank by 30 years old and look at you, you've barely started.
    Something tells me you wouldn't know a bock from tripel.......

Whats your favorite beer there pig?

Something tells me you wouldn't know a bock from tripel.......

Whats your favorite beer there pig?
    I would have to think long and hard on that, it has been over 20 years since I've had a beer but like everything else I don't have a single favorite, variety is the spice of life.

I think Shiner is just a local, smaller version of larger corporate adjunct beer. Kinda like Yuenglings in my region. I wouldn't consider Yueng to be the best beer but its certainly better than Coors lite, Miller or Bud. Never tried a Shiner beer.

My favorites type are Dark Belgian Ale's. The fact of the matter is the Christian Monks living in those abbey monestaries brew the best beer on earth.

If I had to pick my top 5 best beers I ever had
    It would be

St. Berardus Abt 12
    Celebrator Dobblebock
    Duvel Beligan ale
    Pranqster Belgian ale
    Samuel Smith The famous Taddy Porter

But the worst beer I ever tried and it disappointed was a Dogfish head Beer made for people who are gluten intolerant. It was just nasty. Feel bad for people like that. Found out you can't brew beer too well without gluten.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

That noise you hear about Shiner Bock is just that - noise. Go in the stores and you will have to hunt hard to find it. Popular around here, at least by the empties I see in the bar ditch and the recycling trailers - Corona, Bud, Dos Equis, Heiniken.

Me? Tried beer once when I was 18 and didn't like it.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I plan on heading up there Friday after work.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Shiner is a gateway beer. It is the beer you drink in transition from the big three to micro brew.

Try Rahr Iron Thistle when it comes out next year. It is the best beer that I have had in awhile but it is seasonal.