Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    She says she didn't know she was a lesbian when she first started attending school. Do you think anybody would purposely attend a socially conservative Christian school if they knew they were a lesbian?
    yeah sure she didn't know and if you believe that I have a bridge to sell you
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

This woman is like most of this gay people in this situation, they are there to get into trouble and through the courts try to change the institution that stands up to their immoral lifestyle. You are gay? don't go to a Christian school, problem solved.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Perhaps she wanted the myth of it being a choice to be true.
    Or, more likely, she thought she could get a crap ton of cash by suing the school in a bogus discrimination lawsuit for her lifestyle choice that violated the contract she signed with the school.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Perhaps she wanted the myth of it being a choice to be true.
    It's not a myth. Homosexuality is a choice, just like abortion.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think the school has the right to kick her out. I don't think she should have to repay scholarship money, however.

I have never understood why anyone would want to go to a school that tells you who you can date, what websites you can visit and what movies you can watch. Obviously, there are people who do want to go to a college like that.
    The school has to pay the money back:

He also explained that asking her to repay the scholarship was an automatic step, since the federal government takes back the money if the student doesn’t finish at least 60 percent of the semester.
    She signed a contract and she should pay the money back. Just like any other contract. There are laws.

I love the search box. I can come back at any time, enter my name, and see what pops up. lol.

As a Christian university, I can understand not wanting a lesbian to attend. I don't agree, but I can understand. Personally, I think it would be showing real Christian grace if they didn't demand the money back (sort of suggesting she knew all along she was a lesbian, which the student says that's not the case) and transferring her transcript. I think this is different from boy scouts because everybody involved is an adult. It's different from church because it's a school. It's not the same at all.
    It sounds like the transcripts could be a fabrication on the part of the student. Or the school is just protecting themselves.

Michael James, vice president of Grace University, denied that the university was withholding Powell’s transcript until she pays.

“We were clearly willing to provide transcripts and help the student transfer to another university,” he said in a statement to World Magazine
    It might of simply been the college her parents wanted her to attend, so that is where she ended up. Now that she is openly gay, it's time for her to move on to a new school.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 06-18-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Hospitals were started by religious orders as well. That doesn't mean that we indulge faith healing in the ER at Holy Cross Regional Medical Center.
    No, we indulge it at HHS, where faith in Obamacare trumps the experiences of millions of people with government-run health care throughout the world.

Actually, you make my point for me. Religious institutions that began hospitals were at the forefront of medical research throughout history, and the search for knowledge among religious scientists included expansion of medical knowledge. Just one example, Gregor Mendel, whose experiments with pea plants and his observations of the inheritance of traits led to the creation of the field of genetics. OTOH, it was secular scientists who perverted this work, either through the pseudo-science of eugenics (a major goal of the Progressives, which led to forced sterlizations in the western democracies, and the Holocaust) or the outright fraud of Lysenko. Reason and faith combined gave us the Renaissance and the Enlightenment, but faith alone leads to the inquisition and jihad, while reason alone leads to the guillotine and the killing fields.

Your hostility to religion is no more rational than the ravings of a tribal shaman. It's just your faith, but it's a sad, shriveled faith in nothing.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

She says she didn't know she was a lesbian when she first started attending school. Do you think anybody would purposely attend a socially conservative Christian school if they knew they were a lesbian?
    Yes.

Just like a female purposely applying to an all male military school knowing she be turned down.

Or a pro choice pro birth control feminist applying at a Catholic university k.owing they didn't supply BC to students.

This was done on purpose as well.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    It's not a myth. Homosexuality is a choice, just like abortion.
    Is heterosexuality a choice? And what makes homosexuality a choice? (Please use science)
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Is heterosexuality a choice? And what makes homosexuality a choice? (Please use science)
    Oh, please. Are you that stupid?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ