Thread: For Lanie: Christian university expels lesbian student, demands scholarship repayment

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Facts are facts whether or not you choose to believe them.
    So far you haven't presented any facts.

Did I say you were racist for being disguested by gay people?
    What did you mean by that '1950's Dixie' comment if you weren't implying racism? Hmmmmm?

They're not asking for acceptance. They are asking for the same legal rights we as heterosexuals have. They have a nation wide campaign because the majority is trying to supress their rights.
    They have exactly the same legal rights as anybody else. Name one right that don't have that is available to the rest of us.

Do you bother to think before you post or, like Novafart, do you just run on feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    What about heterosexuals who are not physically capable of having children? Can they marry?
    I've answered my own question to you above: No. You do not think before you post.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Politically tired.
    And that shouldn't be the case. People definitely go a little over the top when a church refuses to allow gay members or refuses to conduct gay weddings. Those people need to be educated that the church doesn't have to follow those laws, that they are for the public sector.

Agreed. I don't see why that would happen for two reasons.

1) The separation of church and state works both ways. Churches can't invade the government and government can't invade the church.

2) Like I've pointed out in the past, we already have marriages in this country that not all churches recognize. If you are divorced, but haven't had an annulment with the church (not the legal system, they're different. Still have to go through the church), then the RCC does not recognize your marriage as being valid. I have never heard of a priest being forced to perform a marriage ceremony for these marriages. People act like it's not the same. YES, IT IS. According to the bible, both remarriage and homosexuality is a sin.

I have decided I am sick of talking about homosexuality, so this will hopefully be my last post on it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    I've answered my own question to you above: No. You do not think before you post.
    You answered the 'elderly' portion of the question. What about the young couples who are incapable of reproducing?
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.” – Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    So far you haven't presented any facts.
    I did. You chose to ignore the study because you disagree with it.

What did you mean by that '1950's Dixie' comment if you weren't implying racism? Hmmmmm?
    It was a comparison of the way certain minority groups are treated now to how a different minority group was treated in the 1950s in the South.

They have exactly the same legal rights as anybody else. Name one right that don't have that is available to the rest of us.
    Well they can't marry the person they love.

Do you bother to think before you post or, like Novafart, do you just run on feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings?
    You lose credibility when your posts become nothing more than seeing how silly you can change a word/name to become.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.” – Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

I did. You chose to ignore the study because you disagree with it.

It was a comparison of the way certain minority groups are treated now to how a different minority group was treated in the 1950s in the South.

Well they can't marry the person they love.

You lose credibility when your posts become nothing more than seeing how silly you can change a word/name to become.

1. Marriage isn't a right

2. Loving someone isn't a right
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    1. Marriage isn't a right

2. Loving someone isn't a right
    Ah ha two rights doesn't make a wrong, got ya, wait a minute..........never mind.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg