Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    In 6 months, the scandals will be forgotten by everyone except the people who hate Obama so much that they can think of nothing else.
    Oh Noonie ...

I don't think you are a bad woman, you do good things for your clients on a day to day basis, and your heart is in the right place ... I do read most of your posts.

Only thing is, being the conservative that I am, the best advice I can give you (unasked for that is) is to take heed of Ody's posts. He always keeps things in perspective.

I do not think for one minute that these scandals will just lie there and be forgotten. Tried to be "covered up" yes, absolutely ... (with whatever latest distractions the admin can come up with) ... but no longer is possible now that even some libs in congress are starting to pay attention.
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 06-17-2013 at 09:28 PM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Spoken like a true partisan. You act as though these scandals are simply partisan attacks, rather than genuine malfeasance or misconduct, and the implication that those who wish to hold him to account do so out of hatred, rather than a commitment to the Constitution and belief in the rule of law is insulting to us (but of course, that is the intent, is it not?). However, given the nature of the press, which will do everything that it can to bury the scandals, you may be right that the public will lose interest. It is for that reason that I post the following, as a reminder of just how corrupt, dishonest and outright criminal some of the conduct that we are discussing has been, so that if nothing else, you will remember them. Those highlighted in red constitute felonies. Those with a body count are in bold.

Odysseus, that's a world-class response in it's clarity and content. It is scary to think of how many people fit neatly into the attitude you describe.

One thing for sure....I will never, ever argue with you. Never!

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post

One thing for sure....I will never, ever argue with you. Never!
    Great idea 3rd-try ... I wouldn't either! >shudder!<

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    And that's a problem because the NSA "scandal" is really about the destruction of privacy and the rights that go with it. That's not an Obama thing--that's a national travesty.

It's already being distanced from him. It's now all about how Snowdon is a criminal. Even republicans are defending the program.

It's already being distanced from him. It's now all about how Snowdon is a criminal. Even republicans are defending the program.
    ...Which is the real reason behind the tanking approval ratings of those Republicans in Congress by the constituencies that elected them, a factoid that DU was crowing about lately. Of course they still have a much greater chance of being re-elected by those same constituencies than any 'Progressive' Stalinist does of replacing them, a corollary which was lost on the DU posters.

Power CUer
    Blaming the whistle blower who brought the evil to light instead of the evil itself. That's politics.

But real people will not forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Actually, it matters quite a bit. Congressional elections are coming up, and nobody wants to run on the agenda of an unpopular lame duck. If Obama's personal numbers continue to drop, and the scandals erode, not only his, but his party's appeal, we could be looking at a Republican gain of a veto-proof majority in the house and control of the senate. That will mean, among other things, that the senate's agenda will shift to include oversight of Obama's scandals, not to mention the possibility of impeachment, not of Obama, but of Holder and other appointees (there are some IRS commissioners who should be especially nervous about that, as well as some State Deparment appointees). Also, repeal of Obamacare can pass with a simple majority. Obama can veto it, but that will prove to be highly unpopular, and could set the stage for a Republican win in 2016.
    One problem. People may not like Obama so much, but they've made it clear that they've had enough of Republican/tea party economics. I do think it's possible to get a Republican win after showing how much of a jerk Obama's being about the latest abortion act (prohibiting it after about 20 weeks due to pain), but we're going to need a lot more media coverage for that to happen. Either that or a production that freaks people out on the subject.

Nobody cares enough about the gay marriage thing. Employment actually is going up. People are still badly wanting healthcare reform. I suppose if more people than expected end up paying a fine, that could also set up Republican victory. However, I can see some more centrist Republicans promising to only reform Obamacare and not completely get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The white house needs an enema.
    I've known that for over 20 years. You're just now figuring that out?

Quote Originally Posted by jediab View Post
    Not to mention the IRS scandal. Libtards fail to realize (among many other things) that if they say this is no big deal, what's to stop a Republican president from having the IRS do this same thing against liberal organizations? Obama will have set a precedence that this type of thing is just fine to do.
    I would think the people behind that will be prosecuted and made an example out of.

Exactly, the Republican house speaker called him a traitor.

This program has been in there since the beginning of the Patriot Act. Conservatives didn't care about the spying back then, but they do now. coughhypocritescoughcough Now, conservatives know how we felt when Ashcroft was attorney general threatening to spy on and to get anybody he didn't like.

It's not right. Anybody who does illegal spying or witchhunting should be prosecuted. However, I honestly don't have any sympathy toward conservatives just because they put us through the very same thing years ago without batting an eye. The heck with their feelings on this.

The government spies on us and has been for a long time. We know this. If you think your computer activities or phone conversations are private, then I have some swampland to sell you. The issue is whether you trust the current administration with the spying. It's clear that conservatives trusted Bush, but not Obama. It's also clear that liberals trusted Obama, but not Bush. In reality, neither one of them is the devil. Ashcroft might have been though. JMO. Oddly enough, I really did feel a whole lot safer once Ashcroft was gone, and here we still had 4 more years of Bush.