Hybrid View

1. #1 Bill Ayers: Obama Presidency Gets ‘Failing Grade,’ He Should Be Tried For ‘War Crimes 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Cali_Democrat (15,089 posts)

Bill Ayers: Obama Presidency Gets ‘Failing Grade,’ He Should Be Tried For ‘War Crimes’

Bill Ayers believes President Obama gets a “failing grade” for his presidency, and should be tried for “war crimes,” along with all living presidents who have engaged in acts of “terrorism” abroad.

Sitting down for an episode of RealClearPolitics’ “Morning Commute,” Ayers told host Charlie Stone that, on policy, Obama receives a “failing grade” along with the “F-minuses” he’s given previous presidents like George W. Bush and Richard Nixon.

“I don’t think he’s let anybody down,” Ayers added, pointing to how during the 2008 presidential campaign then-Senator Obama consistently declared himself to be a “middle-of-the-road, pragmatic politician.” Ayers also described his favorable opinion of Obama’s personality and the fact that he is “interested” and spends a lot of time reading.

Stone pointed out that Ayers views presidents like Lyndon B. Johnson, Nixon, and Bush “with disdain” for their “terrorist” actions, and then asked whether Obama is on that same level for his executive use of drone strikes abroad.

“Of course,” Ayers replied.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/bill-...or-war-crimes/
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Do they think the right will now support Obama, since Bill Ayers is against him for "leftist" reasons? That's the only reason I can think of for a story like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Do they think the right will now support Obama, since Bill Ayers is against him for "leftist" reasons? That's the only reason I can think of for a story like this.

I think the reason for this article is just one more example of 60s radicals trying to still be relevant in the 21st century. That generation still thinks they are the most important people to ever walk the face of the earth, because they took a lot of drugs and had a lot of sex in their youths. Luckily, most of them have retired and I don't have to deal with them at work.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    It's always sad when your unrepentant terrorist pal turns on you. Maybe next time, Obama will have someone else ghost write his memoir.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Dear Billy is the last guy to call anyone a terrorists.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Dear Billy is the last guy to call anyone a terrorists.
    I think he thought he was a freedom fighter.

He's a good example of how you can delude yourself into thinking it's okay to blow buildings and people up if you think it's for a good cause.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think he thought he was a freedom fighter.

He's a good example of how you can delude yourself into thinking it's okay to blow buildings and people up if you think it's for a good cause.
    He was not, by any stretch of the imagination, a freedom fighter, and if he has deluded himself to the point where he thought that the Stalinists that he supported would have given us a freer world, then he needed to be locked up in a psych ward.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Now isn't this just peachy.