1. #1 R.I.P. James Gandolfini 
    Iíve learned that actor James Gandolfini died suddenly in Italy after a suspected heart attack. He was 51. Gandolfini will be forever known for his portrayal of mob boss Tony Soprano on the seminal HBO series The Sopranos, which won him three Emmy Awards. He remained in business with the pay cable network and was in pre-production on a new limited series, Criminal Justice, in which he was to play the lead, one of several projects he had in the works.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/r-i-p-james-gandolfini/
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

That's a drag. He was a fine actor. RIP
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Fifty-one years of age is too young to pass away as well.

RIP ... James, and condolences to his family and friends.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

That's too young. RIP.

Power CUer
    Sadly, it's no surprise with the way his weight has ballooned in recent years. He should have had many years of great roles left. :(
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I really enjoyed the Sopranos. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Fifty-one years of age is too young to pass away as well.

RIP ... James, and condolences to his family and friends.
    That is too young. I'm 51.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

RIP-you entertained me for many years in a the role of Tony Soprano. I don't know the specifics of his death, but I wonder if he could have been saved had this happened to him in the US with access to a good hospital with a good invasive Cardiology suite. I guess we won't ever know.

RIP and condolences to his family.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I don't know the specifics of his death, but I wonder if he could have been saved had this happened to him in the US with access to a good hospital with a good invasive Cardiology suite.
    He was in Rome at the time, not out in the boonies somewhere. I just passed a TV in our company cafeteria reporting that he was DOA at the hospital. Sometimes it just happens very fast.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    He was in Rome at the time, not out in the boonies somewhere. I just passed a TV in our company cafeteria reporting that he was DOA at the hospital. Sometimes it just happens very fast.
    Yes I know-we save a lot if people where I work-people with massive failure that require quadruple stents-but we don't save them all-it is the top silent killer for a reason.

He was great on The Sopranos. Not that many actors can make a total sociopath seem sympathetic.