Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Pa. College Can Exclude Birth Control From Student Health Plan, Judge Rules 
    Power CUer
    Pa. College Can Exclude Birth Control From Student Health Plan, Judge Rules

Geneva College, in Beaver Falls, Pa., can offer its students a health-insurance plan that does not cover birth control, such as the morning-after pill, while it continues to challenge the new federal health-care law that requires insurers to pay for those options, a federal judge ruled on Tuesday. The Christian college is one of many institutions that have filed lawsuits objecting to the law. Judge Joy Flowers Conti of the U.S. District Court in Pittsburgh first dismissed Geneva’s lawsuit, but reinstated it last month after agreeing with the college’s argument that it had to decide soon whether it would drop its student-health plan. Judge Conti’s ruling on Tuesday does not address the college’s employee plan because the health-care law will not require employee plans to cover the types of birth control in question until January.

"While Geneva does not oppose contraception, its president, Kenneth Smith, said when the suit was filed, “It’s about the government requiring us and other religious organizations to provide services against which we have a religious and morally based conviction.”

More here.

Sounds good to me.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Fabulous Poster
    Single Payer will take care of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Keep dreaming that it will ever happen.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Keep dreaming that it will ever happen.

You're already on it , aren't you?

Yeah, the government does such a good job with everything else, why not give them 100% control over health care.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Nope. Tricare is an HMO style plan plain and simple.

You're gonna have to try harder than that if you're gonna trap me in a "gotcha" moment.

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Yes, under single payer we won't have to worry about being forced to supply birth control via health plans, because they'll be too broke to do it.

As TX said, TriCare is an HMO. It also has most of the same problems that we've been talking about. When I was assigned to a unit in NYC, we couldn't get local providers to accept the TriCare plan, except for some seriously sketchy clinics. At FT Hood, it wasn't a problem, because we were on a post with a hospital that was large enough for the community, but at FT Belvoir, there are huge shortages of providers. It took me months to get a colonoscopy scheduled, and I ended up having to drive to Bethesda to do it. I've been waiting for over a month for my physical therapy appoinment for a rotator cuff tear, since my provider and the ortho clinic don't seem to talk to each other, and neither of them is interested in talking to me (and if an O5 can't get an army hospital to call back, imagine what an E3 goes through). A single payer system won't change that, it will just spread the misery around as it engulfs the private sector.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    What do you think that single payer will be?

Power CUer
    Run by... whom?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken