Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Cruz Moves To Stop 'Gang Of Eight' 

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) launched a national petition on Thursday to stop the Senate Gang of Eight's amnesty bill and send Washington a "strong signal" of the grassroots opposition to the bill.

"This is urgent," Cruz wrote in an e-mail to supporters. "We must stop this Gang of 8 immigration bill, which would give amnesty to an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants with no guarantee of a secure border."

"The Senate debate is in the final stages and we need to send Washington a strong signal of the overwhelming grassroots opposition to this amnesty bill from Americans across the country," Cruz explained.

Cruz urged supporters to share the petition with friends and to "act now--without delay--to help us defeat amnesty and stand for legal immigration!"

Sign to demand real border security here.
    Video of Rubio defending amnesty

I signed the partition. I hope others do too... soon, before its too late.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Nice idea but I'm afraid it's too little, too late. I don't see this being stopped in the senate....the house will pass their version...and the resulting compromise bill the Empty Suit signs will have all of the bad and none of the good.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Its not too late, but its too bad so many of us have given up, before the Bill has even been voted on.

But the clock no doubt, is ticking.

The Senate votes on this pos Monday. Its not too late to let your voice be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Nice idea but I'm afraid it's too little, too late. I don't see this being stopped in the senate....the house will pass their version...and the resulting compromise bill the Empty Suit signs will have all of the bad and none of the good.
    None of it will pass, the Republicans will get blamed and Obama will put most of it into effect anyway through royal decree.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I'll sign the petition, Janice, and thank you for posting it.

Corker Amendment Permanently Offers Citizenship to Those Overstaying Their Visas

Just as public anxiety about the weak border security provisions in the Senate immigration bill was building, GOP Sen. Bob Corker stepped forward with an amendment to "fix" the problem. The result of his efforts, however, has been a "Christmas tree" measure, covering items far beyond border security. Breitbart News has learned exclusively that one provision of Corker's amendment will allow workers who stay in the country past their visa will remain on the "path to citizenship."

>>> it has become a 1,000+ page amendment to supplant the current proposal and provide multiple new provisions. >>>

What does that mean? >>>

The Corker Amendment wipes away any immigration enforcement. It is designed to maximize the number of individuals who qualify for citizenship.

The Corker Amendment is an obvious attempt by the DC GOP establishment to find a path to vote for the Senate bill. It throws a lot more money at the border, but it also weakens internal enforcement and controls. The Corker Amendment actually stipulates that, in perpetuity, you can break the law, overstay your visa, and still be eligible for citizenship.

Breitbart.com

Dont just 'roll over' like a GOP rino. The time is now to be a modern day Paul Revere ... tell your friends ... spread this like wildfire! Raise bloody hell over this.

Thanx Elspeth. This Bill wont be voted on by the Senate until Monday afternoon (tomorrow) before it moves to the House.

Theres also a move to: Stop Watching Us.

The revelations about the National Security Agency's surveillance apparatus, if true, represent a stunning abuse of our basic rights. We demand the U.S. Congress reveal the full extent of the NSA's spying programs.

Read the full letter to US Congress

Sign the Partition

Democracy requires an informed citizenry in order to function properly, and transparency and accountability are essential parts of that. That means knowing what our government is doing to us, in our name.
    - Bruce Schneier Schneier.com

It just seems like doing nothing (apathy and/or ignorance) is partly why we have so many self loathing leftists at all the levers of power at the alphabet agencies now.

Democrats to Shut Off Debate On a Bill No One Has Read

Tomorrow, Harry Reid will call for cloture on the Gang of Eight’s immigration bill as amended by Corker-Hoeven, a 1,200-page bill that no one–literally no one, given the fact that it was drafted by committee–has read. It is a remarkable moment in American history. This morning Jeff Sessions, who has been a one-man voice of sanity on the immigration issue, appeared on Face the Nation with Bob Schieffer. Schieffer went straight to the political question: isn’t it true that Republicans need to support amnesty, or else they will never win another election? It is remarkable how many people are suddenly concerned about the GOP’s electoral prospects. Sessions responded that the Senate should do what is right, and explained with commendable coherence and detail, in a short time, why the Gang’s bill is so awful:

VIDEO

Notwithstanding that no one has read the immigration bill in its entirety, a few intrepid investigators have tried to establish what it really says. Among them is law professor William Jacobson, who has painstakingly pinned down what discretion the bill gives the Secretary of Homeland Security to simply ignore those provisions that would otherwise require deportation of, or denial of residence to, lawbreaking aliens. >>>

There is one provision which has not received a lot of press.

Yesterday Dana Loesch had a series of tweets about a section of the original Gang of 8 bill giving the Secretary of Homeland Security almost complete discretion to waive all other provisions of the law as to removal, deportation and inadmissibility. >>>

The rush to a vote in the Senate does not allow time to fully understand all the provisions. And that’s why the rush is taking place.

I think the Democrats can see that public opinion is swinging away from the bill as voters learn more about what is in it. Hence the desire to cut off debate and pass a bill that no one–neither a senator nor anyone else–has read.

PowerLineBlog

The time to put up or shut up is almost over. This afternoon (Monday) they vote. If enough Americans raised hell, this Bill would be shut down fast and hard. Too bad many conservatives give up w/o a fight prematurely because they fall for the media propaganda. Republicans always cave. Conservatives (usually) do not.

Next up: Obamacare starts in 100 days

The greatest healthcare system in the world ends in 100 days. Is there an opposing party... anywhere to be found?