Thread: Cruz Moves To Stop 'Gang Of Eight'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    Its not too late, but its too bad so many of us have given up, before the Bill has even been voted on.

But the clock no doubt, is ticking.
    There is a legitimate reason for that: the Constitution no longer matters to the liberal Ivy League elitists who have successfully taken over the federal government and intend to impose a monarchy of sorts on the formerly free Americans.

The USA is toast, and has been for quite some time, and it's probably better to spend your time preparing for the meltdown than watching the trainwreck.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    There is a legitimate reason for that: the Constitution no longer matters to the liberal Ivy League elitists who have successfully taken over the federal government and intend to impose a monarchy of sorts on the formerly free Americans.

The USA is toast, and has been for quite some time, and it's probably better to spend your time preparing for the meltdown than watching the trainwreck.
    I am preparing. Have been (at least mentally) since Clinton. Of course Øligula is the final nail. I am preparing, but I am not gonna just idly stand by and "watch the train wreck". Sorry, theres already plenty of fools singing in that choir.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I am preparing. Have been (at least mentally) since Clinton. Of course Øligula is the final nail. I am preparing, but I am not gonna just idly stand by and "watch the train wreck". Sorry, theres already plenty of fools singing in that choir.
    Precisely what do you intend to do? Write letters to your congress critters? That's a complete waste of time. Call your congress critters? Another waste of time. Vote? Don't make me laugh. Voting has turned into the biggest waste of time because it doesn't matter who you vote for, the outcome is going to be the same: more government and more government control. They're going to pass this immigration bill and the billions that it will cost the American taxpayer will be piled up on the billions that 0blowmeCare is going to add. (think Cloward-Piven)

A nice woman once said, "America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system and too early to start shooting the bastards."

So, what is your plan of action to bring about change? Convince me that it's viable.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So your saying that millions of us should just sit on our thumbs and be silent? And stay away from the voting booths?

Thats your 'viable' solution? Just give up?

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Precisely what do you intend to do? Write letters to your congress critters? That's a complete waste of time. Call your congress critters? Another waste of time. Vote? Don't make me laugh. Voting has turned into the biggest waste of time because it doesn't matter who you vote for, the outcome is going to be the same: more government and more government control. They're going to pass this immigration bill and the billions that it will cost the American taxpayer will be piled up on the billions that 0blowmeCare is going to add. (think Cloward-Piven)

A nice woman once said, "America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system and too early to start shooting the bastards."

So, what is your plan of action to bring about change? Convince me that it's viable.
    You go through the motions pointless as they may seem, you do what is right, you state your opinion, you vote for the best candidate, you pay your taxes and as impossible as it is getting you obey the laws.
    God will sort it out, he puts into power who he wills and takes down who he will, all wealth is his and he directs it where to go and when, this does not absolve us from responsibility, we are still required to do our civic duty.
    Ultimately we answer to God and when all is said and done we are in Gods care, but this does not mean it doesn't get frustrating as hell at times.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You go through the motions pointless as they may seem, you do what is right, you state your opinion, you vote for the best candidate, you pay your taxes and as impossible as it is getting you obey the laws.
    God will sort it out, he puts into power who he wills and takes down who he will, all wealth is his and he directs it where to go and when, this does not absolve us from responsibility, we are still required to do our civic duty.
    Ultimately we answer to God and when all is said and done we are in Gods care, but this does not mean it doesn't get frustrating as hell at times.
    Thats sort of how I see it too. When you pray to God for success in your endeavors, you dont pray for a miracle and just go into a corner and sit there. In other words, when you've finished praying for good crops, you say amen -- with a hoe in your hand.

And I should add... God helps those, who help themselves. Which incidentally, helps explain why liberalism rots the soul, from the inside out.

So your saying that millions of us should just sit on our thumbs and be silent? And stay away from the voting booths?

Answering a question with a question is not an answer. I'm convinced that it's far too late to work within the system. It doesn't matter who you vote for in 2014 and 2016 because 0blowmeCare is the law of the land, amnesty to millions of parasites will soon pass, border security will never happen, Bozo is issuing executive orders on climate change that will further cripple the economy, DOMA was just overturned, etc. It's game over.

The only viable solutions are: 1) a bloody revolution or, 2) to quit, i.e. peacefullly secede. I prefer option 2. You can call it giving up if you want but I think the Founders would disagree with you.

So, I'll ask again, what is your solution to our constitutional and moral dilemma? If your answer is to work within the system my follow up question is, how's that working out for you/us?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Here, in California, it's the only option for a conservative. In fact, after seeing my vote nullified one too many times with the SCOTUS decision on Prop 8, I'm planning on going to the registrar of voters and have my name removed from the voting list. After that, if I receive any election material in the mail, I'll be writing "Return to Sender" and put it right back on the mailbox. It'll be a more productive use of my time and effort than voting.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvEPXLHgP_4

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, doesn't have many friends in Washington these days and he says he doesn't need 'em.

And he made it clear that he thinks his Republican colleagues in the Senate are responsible for sabotaging his effort to tie funding for the government to an effort to defund or delay the health care law.

"I will say that the reason this deal, the lousy deal was reached last night, is because, unfortunately, Senate Republicans made the choice not to support House Republicans," Cruz told ABC News. "I wish Senate Republicans had united, I tried to do everything I could to urge Senate Republicans to come together and stand with House Republicans."