1. #1 Chip your pet??? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    SLW and I took Xena and Darlene tonight to a local vet (not their normal one) to get ID chipped. We had a couple of free coupons that we've collected at Greyhound gatherings and one was going to expire tomorrow so off they and we went.

This vet is very close to the house and uses HomeAgain as the chip service.

Woof, I'm lost!

We haven't gotten Blue chipped because he is pushing 10 and with all his med problems he isn't much of a flight risk. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

On military installations we were required to have our pets chipped. One of our cats seemed to have some problems with the initial injection but did OK later.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    On military installations we were required to have our pets chipped. One of our cats seemed to have some problems with the initial injection but did OK later.
    That's whyi we didn't have Blue chipped. He's been almost seizure free for 14 months, so I don't want to do anything to jeopardize it. Besides, Darlene and Xena are fast runers. If poor Bluesie tried to run, I'd even be able to catch him. He can run a little, but then falls on his rear.

I had bought 2 baskets at a silent auction, benefitting Greyhound Companions of STL. I got a good deal on the basket yesterday, paying $15 for a $50 coupon for the chipping and a nice basket, as well as a hard cover book on greyhounds with beautiful illustrations.

Last year I bought a basket for $65 that had a bunch of stuff in it, including the certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Chip your pet?
    Oh....you mean microchip your pet!

I was thinking you were referring to that horrific scene in the Fargo movie!

I have Atrain, my dog chipped. We actually lost him as a puppy. My buddy who gave him to me as pick of the litter when he studded his dog, was taking my daughter with them for a sleep over and my daughter wanted the dog to go. They had a ford 150 pick up and he had my dogs dad, a 125 lber and thier other dog a field lab about 80 lbs. well the two big guys knocked my guy out of the back of the pickup and they didnt find out till they got home.

Insanity ensued, there was one major road to thier house and it was basically a straight run, about a 25 minute ride, no highways. I was out till 3 am looking. The next morning I was putting out flyers along the route when I decide to try one more convenience store before I quit. When I tried to get the manager to hang the poster, she said there was no need she had my dog. apparently he got knocked out of the truck on one of the few curves in the road and it was in front of her house. She took me to her house and there was my boy! Happy ending.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

We get them all chipped. Now, the readers will read any kind of chip. Back in the bad old days, you had to hope that the place in question had the right hardware. It's just smart.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    We get them all chipped. Now, the readers will read any kind of chip. Back in the bad old days, you had to hope that the place in question had the right hardware. It's just smart.
    The vet told us otherwise, about the readers that is. Apparently Bainfield, the vet at PetSmarts uses some kind of chip that a lot of readers don't read. Or so she said.
    May the FORCE be with you!