You don’t have to actually fry your chicken to get that tempting fried taste. This recipe is cooked in the oven and has a delicious nuttiness from the almonds to top it off.
- 1 cup(s) bread crumbs, whole-wheat, coarse, dried
- 1/4 cup(s) cheese, Parmesan (1 ounce), grated
- 1/4 cup(s) nuts, almonds finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 pinch pepper, black ground
- 1/4 cup(s) oil, olive, extra-virgin
- 2 pounds chicken, breast, boneless, skinless pounded to 1/2" thickness and cut into 12 pieces
- 1 sprig(s) parsley, Italian for garnish
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, almonds, parsley, garlic, salt, thyme, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- 2Place the oil in a shallow dish. Dip the chicken first in the oil, then dredge in the crumb mixture. Place the chicken in a shallow baking pan.
- 3Bake for 25 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center of a piece registers 165°F and the juices run clear. (Do not turn the chicken during cooking.) Garnish with the parsley.