Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    WHY THE HELL DID THE JUDGE BADGER GZ OVER AND OVER AGAIN ABOUT WHETHER HE WANTED TO TESTIFY? Good God man could she not be more in the bag for the prosecution?
    She is following orders from somewhere?

The whole point of the badgering is to make it look like Zimmerman has something to hide if the doesn't testify. The evidence, as it now stands, is overwhelmingly supportive of Zimmerman's version of events, a version which has always been consistent, BTW. (Note how the testimony of Trayvon's bio-parents, girlfriend Brandy, and Rachel "Dee Dee" have shifted over the past year and a half.)

2. #82 Defense has rested; Prosecution Rebuttal Begins 
    DEFENSE RESTS.

Now there is a rebuttal phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    DEFENSE RESTS.

Now there is a rebuttal phase?
    ya I heard they are calling two people back
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

4. #84 Defense Rests: Zimmerman will not testify 

Defense rests; Zimmerman won't testify in murder trial

George Zimmerman’s defense team rested its case Wednesday, after using its final day of testimony to paint the neighborhood watch volunteer as a wimp who was getting pummeled when he shot Trayvon Martin in self-defense, at one point commandeering a mannequin introduced by prosecutors in order to re-enact its version of the fight.

Zimmerman did not take the stand, though his team left the option open until the last minute, with Zimmerman finally telling Judge Debra Nelson he would not testify. After O’Mara announced that he would call no more witnesses, prosecutors called the first of several witnesses back for rebuttal, beginning with Adam Pollock, owner of a kickboxing gym where Zimmerman trained prior to the incident. Like other defense witnesses, Pollock described Zimmerman as a soft weakling, likely unable to defend himself against Martin before firing the gun.

Closing arguments could begin as early as Thursday, according to Judge Debra Nelson.

Earlier Wednesday, Zimmerman's lawyer literally flipped a prosecution witness -- a gray, foam dummy -- to re-enact the defense's version of the confrontation that ended in Martin's death, straddling the mannequin and bashing its head against the floor as stunned jurors looked on Wednesday. The mannequin was initially introduced by prosecutor John Guy during cross-examination of defense witness Dennis Root, a former law enforcement officer who testified as an expert on defensive use of force. Guy used it to show how, if Martin were straddling Zimmerman, he would have had difficulty reaching for a gun holstered at his waist.

After Guy wrapped up his round of questioning, lead defense attorney O'Mara stepped up.

"May I use your doll?" asked O'Mara.

O'Mara straddled the dummy on the floor in front of the witness stand, grabbed it by the shoulders and drove its head into the floor repeatedly.

"Would the injuries on Mr. Zimmerman, the back of his head, be consistent with someone doing this on cement?" asked O'Mara as he slammed the flopping mannequin's head into the floor.

"I don't think so," replied Root.

"How about this?" asked O'Mara, continuing to bash the life-sized dummy against the floor, but placing its arm against his shoulder, as if it were resisting. "How about someone resisting the attack? Could that have come from if someone was resisting me pushing down like this?"

Root responded, "I believe so."

Earlier in his testimony, Root described how Zimmerman would be no match for the 17-year-old Martin in a fight.

"Mr. Martin was a physically active and capable person," said Root, who probed both Martin's and Zimmerman's physical conditioning and fighting prowess on behalf of the defense team. "Mr. Zimmerman is an individual who is by no stretch of the imagination an athlete, and ... he would find himself lacking when compared to Mr. Martin."

Root’s testimony jibed with prior defense witnesses who have testified that the neighborhood watch volunteer was overweight, in poor shape and not good with his fists. Root said screams heard on a 911 call, which the defense claims are Zimmerman, show "a high level of stress, a high level of fear."

A young mother who lived in the gated community where Zimmerman shot Martin told jurors Wednesday the neighborhood watch volunteer helped comfort her after a home invasion by two young men left her frightened.

Olivia Bertalan said Zimmerman supplied her with a new lock for her sliding door and offered to open his own home to her after the incident, which happened about six months before Zimmerman’s fateful confrontation with Martin,. Although she said the two invaders were African-Americans in their late teens, there was no suggestion that Martin was involved. The testimony was instead apparently presented to show how seriously Zimmerman took his role as a community protector.

Zimmerman's father, Robert Zimmerman, also took the stand Wednesday, saying it was "absolutely" his son George on the 911 call that captured the fatal confrontation....

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/10...#ixzz2YgGiZaKO

5. #85 Re-cap: Racial politics supported by State power come down on George Zimmerman 
    Racial politics supported by State power come down on George Zimmerman

Posted by William A. Jacobson Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 9:57pm

I have a really bad feeling about the Zimmerman verdict.

Logically, it should be a slam dunk of “Not Guilty” on all charges, since the evidence clearly shows Zimmerman was acting in justifiable self-defense as he was being beaten by Trayvon Martin. Or at least there is a reasonable doubt as to self-defense, which the law requires result in a Not Guilty verdict.

I’ve said it before, this was a case which never should have been brought, and it wasn’t. Not until a carefully orchestrated professionally managed publicity campaign based on false racial accusations, resulting in a Special Prosecutor.

You know the rest, or at least you thought you did until today.

We knew that Obama pumped up the racial angle when he commented that if he had a son, he would look like Trayvon. I wonder which Trayvon that was, the one the jury heard about who just liked to play video games with his siblings? Or the Trayvon of the cell phone, bragging not long before this incident about his fighting prowess and how he knew how to sucker punch people in the nose? But the jury never will know that.

We also knew that Eric Holder had the DOJ investigate the case, and that the FBI found no evidence that Zimmerman was racist or motivated by racism.

What we didn’t know until today was that the DOJ supported some of the anti-Zimmerman rallies, as disclosed by Judicial Watch (which also is helping me with my lawsuit to obtain David Gregory non-prosecution records from D.C.):

Judicial Watch announced today that it has obtained documents in response to local, state, and federal records requests revealing that a little-known unit of the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Community Relations Service (CRS), was deployed to Sanford, FL, following the Trayvon Martin shooting to help organize and manage rallies and protests against George Zimmerman.
    The way the trial has been conducted is an equal travesty.

The prosecution is throwing everything against the wall, including conflicting and inconsistent theories that Trayvon was on the bottom of the fight screaming and alternatively that Trayvon was on top pulling back.

Similarly the prosecution creates obsessive distractions such as whether Zimmerman “followed” Martin, even though that is legally irrelevant.

We have had the strange spectacle of the prosecution attacking its own police witnesses who had the temerity to believe George Zimmerman’s story and find it consistent and credible. The law enforcement world has been turned on its head in this prosecution, because it had to be turned on its head to justify the prosecution.

If you want to understand just how dirty this prosecution case has been, consider one bit of evidence which probably slipped by most viewers.

The prosecution elicited testimony from defense gun shot wound forensic expert Vincent DiMaio that he participated in studies of gunshot wounds on live animals (under a federally regulated and sanctioned program in which the animals were under anesthesia). What’s the relevance of that? Nothing. Except that the prosecution knew that there were animal owners on the jury, and this was an attempt to poison the jury on something having nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of George Zimmerman.

It’s all coming together in this case.

Racial politics supported by State power.

I hope the jury views the evidence with the dispassion of the original prosecutors. I fear it will not.

Zimmerman Trial is this Year’s Duke Lacrosse Case

This week, instead of attacking a Hispanic senator, Marco Rubio, I will defend a Hispanic citizen, George Zimmerman, on trial for the murder of Trayvon Martin. (Zimmerman would make a better senator.) It’s becoming painfully obvious why no charges were brought against Zimmerman in this case — until Al Sharpton got involved. All the eyewitness accounts, testimony, ballistics and forensics keep backing up Zimmerman. We should send a big, fat bill for the whole thing to Sharpton, courtesy of MSNBC.

With the prosecution’s witnesses making the defense’s case, the inquisitors’ last stand is to claim that, if the races were reversed, the black guy would have been instantly charged with murder. >>>

>>> To reverse the races with the same set of facts, first, we’re going to need a gated, mixed-race community, similar to the Retreat at Twin Lakes, that has recently experienced a rash of robberies by white guys. The only way to do that is to enter “The Twilight Zone.”

(read article for the rest of the ridiculous "comparison")

So, yes, this case probably would be very different if Zimmerman and Martin’s races were reversed. It is only when the victim is black that we must have a show trial, a million-dollar reward paid to the victim’s parents and the threat of riots.

More@HumanEvents

Another good argument for the defense.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    Zimmerman Trial is this Year’s Duke Lacrosse Case

This week, instead of attacking a Hispanic senator, Marco Rubio, I will defend a Hispanic citizen, George Zimmerman, on trial for the murder of Trayvon Martin. (Zimmerman would make a better senator.) It’s becoming painfully obvious why no charges were brought against Zimmerman in this case — until Al Sharpton got involved. All the eyewitness accounts, testimony, ballistics and forensics keep backing up Zimmerman. We should send a big, fat bill for the whole thing to Sharpton, courtesy of MSNBC.

With the prosecution’s witnesses making the defense’s case, the inquisitors’ last stand is to claim that, if the races were reversed, the black guy would have been instantly charged with murder. >>>

>>> To reverse the races with the same set of facts, first, we’re going to need a gated, mixed-race community, similar to the Retreat at Twin Lakes, that has recently experienced a rash of robberies by white guys. The only way to do that is to enter “The Twilight Zone.”

(read article for the rest of the ridiculous "comparison")

So, yes, this case probably would be very different if Zimmerman and Martin’s races were reversed. It is only when the victim is black that we must have a show trial, a million-dollar reward paid to the victim’s parents and the threat of riots.

More@HumanEvents

Another good argument for the defense.
    Something occurred to me when I was reading the prosecution's summing up, which is that if Zimmerman had not had a gun, they'd still be in that courtroom, where Trayvon Martin would have been on trial, as an adult, for the beating and possible murder of George Zimmerman.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Something occurred to me when I was reading the prosecution's summing up, which is that if Zimmerman had not had a gun, they'd still be in that courtroom, where Trayvon Martin would have been on trial, as an adult, for the beating and possible murder of George Zimmerman.
    That's exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Actually, had Zimmerman not been armed and Martin had severely injured or killed Zimmerman, this would only have made the mid page news of the local newspaper. It would not have been national news or a cause celeb.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Concrete Proof.....that ZImmerman acted in Self Defense. GENIUS...pure genius

the prosecutors were FLATTENED when Mr O brought out the concrete chunk

the "Really"...."Oh Really"s.....culimnating in the FINAL Really....were also pure genius!