Thread: DOMA Goes Down

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Well then:

1. Religion is not a valid defense in America when it comes to federal law.
    Who is using religion as a defense?

2. We shouldn't legislate morality in the first place.
    You Liberals love to toss taht out when it comes to Homosexuality...but then turn right around and tell us what cars to drive what foods to eat what can be in the foods we do eat...what size sodays we can have...where we can and can't smoke...etc. etc.

There's a whole plethora of things related to morality you LOVE to legislate. Just as long as it's not one of your pet Liberal causes. Then it's hands off.

So spare me your tired Liberal talking point.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Who is using religion as a defense?

You Liberals love to toss taht out when it comes to Homosexuality...but then turn right around and tell us what cars to drive what foods to eat what can be in the foods we do eat...what size sodays we can have...where we can and can't smoke...etc. etc.

There's a whole plethora of things related to morality you LOVE to legislate. Just as long as it's not one of your pet Liberal causes. Then it's hands off.

So spare me your tired Liberal talking point.
    1. I drive an inefficient 16MPG/Highway Jeep Wrangler.
    2. I smoke.
    3. I eat whatever I want.
    4. Not a big soda guy but I don't care how many Big Gulps you drink. It's your body.
    5. I hate smoking restrictions. Let private business owners decide if I can or can't smoke in their restaurant.

And once again, not a Liberal. I don't want to legislate morality at all. Not guns, not drugs, not cars, not smoking, not eating. Nothing. I don't want the government to even be involved in marriage. But they are involved in marriage for the moment so I have an opinion on how they should operate.

And I certainly wasn't trying to accuse anyone on here of using religion as a defense for your stance on the issue. It tends to be used in the non-CU world.
    Last edited by Generation Why?; 06-26-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Power CUer
    Same here. I haven't drunk any soda in years, and I think Bloomberg's efforts are silly. Why limit drink sizes and then say you can order as many smaller drinks as you want? What's the point of all this?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    1. I drive an inefficient 16MPG/Highway Jeep Wrangler.
    2. I smoke.
    3. I eat whatever I want.
    4. Not a big soda guy but I don't care how many Big Gulps you drink. It's your body.
    5. I hate smoking restrictions. Let private business owners decide if I can or can't smoke in their restaurant.

And once again, not a Liberal. I don't want to legislate morality at all. Not guns, not drugs, not cars, not smoking, not eating. Nothing. I don't want the government to even be involved in marriage. But they are involved in marriage for the moment so I have an opinion on how they should operate.

And I certainly wasn't trying to accuse anyone on here of using religion as a defense for your stance on the issue. It tends to be used in the non-CU world.
    Wow. Um, OK but you said it a few posts ago that God isn't an elected official and neither are you. However, our elected officials have had a hand in what type of lunch a child can take to school, an elected official decided what size soda we are allowed to have in NYC, etc. There are numerous examples of government officials treading on our civil liberties. So, again, you're attempt here fails.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Wow. Um, OK but you said it a few posts ago that God isn't an elected official and neither are you. However, our elected officials have had a hand in what type of lunch a child can take to school, an elected official decided what size soda we are allowed to have in NYC, etc. There are numerous examples of government officials treading on our civil liberties. So, again, you're attempt here fails.
    And our elected officials shouldn't be doing that. That's why you don't vote for big government statists. Also, my attempt at what? Clarifying where I stand on issues tx accused me of wanting to regulate? And I don't see the necessity in the God sentence. Once again, a clarification.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Illegal immigration
    Welfare
    heterosexuals having children they can't afford
    Bankers and politicians stealing everything which isn't nailed down, and some what is.
    Islamic infiltration of Europe, the Americas, and Australia

That should hold you for several years. You won't even notice gay marriages.
    Unlike you I can multi-task.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Illegal immigration
    Welfare
    heterosexuals having children they can't afford
    Bankers and politicians stealing everything which isn't nailed down, and some what is.
    Islamic infiltration of Europe, the Americas, and Australia

That should hold you for several years. You won't even notice gay marriages.
    I've heard this before, somewhere...

Wait, I know!

Barbarbarian incursions
    Bread and Circuses
    Collapsing civic virtues
    Political and economic corruption
    Degradation of citizenship into a litany of benefits without obligations

I believe that these were the issues that were under discussion in Rome, circa 450 AD. Meanwhile, the descendents of the "best" families continued to pretend that they were somehow immune to the moral rot that they had overseen. Unfortunately, there is no Constantinople today, no second capitol where the legacy of American liberty will be preserved as ours collapses. The next dark ages will be far worse than the last, because we have risen so much farther, our fall will be that much greater.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I wonder how Slick Willie feels today?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Now we get to see if Rubio is true to his word for once or goes back on it...again.

The voiding of DOMA now means that green cards will be granted to illegal alien partners of gay Americans.
    Rubio said that was a deal breaker for him.

We shall see...
    Last edited by txradioguy; 06-26-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I can get into the Religious aspect of it and how God won't bless a country that embraces sin but I am too tired to fight it out at the moment, so enjoy your trolling and take care.
    Which god?