Thread: DOMA Goes Down

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 97
  1. #41  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I've heard this before, somewhere...

    Wait, I know!

    Barbarbarian incursions
    Bread and Circuses
    Collapsing civic virtues
    Political and economic corruption
    Degradation of citizenship into a litany of benefits without obligations

    I believe that these were the issues that were under discussion in Rome, circa 450 AD. Meanwhile, the descendents of the "best" families continued to pretend that they were somehow immune to the moral rot that they had overseen. Unfortunately, there is no Constantinople today, no second capitol where the legacy of American liberty will be preserved as ours collapses. The next dark ages will be far worse than the last, because we have risen so much farther, our fall will be that much greater.
    Are you saying that the infestation of Europe with messianic Judaism was the beginning of the end?

    BTW- I am not a Piso to my knowledge. I am however a descendant of Turks, the Rus, and Mohammed through the Emir of Seville.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #42  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Which god?
    Why do you care? You don't believe in any of them. Which really makes it odd that you hate Islam and it's practitioners so much.

    Since you think it's all just fairy dust and make believe why get pissed about them?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #43  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    All right, backing off from the personal sniping, a serious question: how does this affect you? If you are in a happy, committed, hetero marriage, how does this damage you? That's the argument I seriously don't understand.
    It doesn't affect me, but is that compelling to allow it? If Sally wished to marry her dog Spot...why shouldn't she have the right? It doesn't affect you.

    See where that mentality can go?

    Now before you say that would never happen, 40 years ago people said Gays would never allow to marry, yet look where we are today.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #44  
    Senior Member Generation Why?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thurston County, WA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by rjas77 View Post
    It doesn't affect me, but is that compelling to allow it? If Sally wished to marry her dog Spot...why shouldn't she have the right? It doesn't affect you.

    See where that mentality can go?

    Now before you say that would never happen, 40 years ago people said Gays would never allow to marry, yet look where we are today.
    Can Spot sign the contract? Spot is not a consenting adult. He's an illiterate dog who probably has very poor penmanship.

    And so because Gays MIGHT be able to get married nationwide = One day men and women will be marrying animals? Explain the jump.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

    Power Point Ranger
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #45  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Can Spot sign the contract? Spot is not a consenting adult. He's an illiterate dog who probably has very poor penmanship.

    And so because Gays MIGHT be able to get married nationwide = One day men and women will be marrying animals? Explain the jump.
    Do dogs give their consent when they are spayed or neutered? We do things to our animals that would require consent if it were human all the time, and we pat our selves on the back.

    Besides...How does Ginger's marriage to Spot affect you?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #46  
    Senior Member Generation Why?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thurston County, WA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by rjas77 View Post
    Do dogs give their consent when they are spayed or neutered? We do things to our animals that would require consent if it were human all the time, and we pat our selves on the back.

    Besides...How does Ginger's marriage to Spot affect you?
    Should my son wait until he is a teenager before he gets a circumcision?

    Ginger and Spot's marriage doesn't affect me. However, it involves signing a contract, or license. Something Spot can't do.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

    Power Point Ranger
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #47  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post

    And so because Gays MIGHT be able to get married nationwide = One day men and women will be marrying animals? Explain the jump.
    Here's a few that could be...

    Ever see how some people treat their dogs?

    Religious purposes. In India, people marry animals all the time...

    Because they want too....It doesn't hurt or affect anyone else so why not?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #48  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Should my son wait until he is a teenager before he gets a circumcision?
    That's exactly my point..We do things that normally require consent. Since we make decision for our children and our pets, I can see a Lawyer arguing for Ginger.

    Ginger and Spot's marriage doesn't affect me. However, it involves signing a contract, or license. Something Spot can't do.
    So what? It doesn't affect you...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #49  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,166
    Next up...I predict the Military will officially recognize gay marriage and force those states that don't recognize gay marriage to do just that and the Libs will get via brute force what they couldn't get otherwise. Federal recognition of gay marriage across the entire country.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #50  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    433
    How about Polygamy? Would you support that? After all they're adults, can sign contracts and it doesn't affect you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •