Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Raise your hand if you want to see Zimmerman aquited. 
    The Zimmerman trial brings out the RACISTS and the willfully ignorant on DU.

link

Star Member trumad (34,645 posts)

Raise your hand if you want to see Zimmerman aquited.
    I doubt Zimmermans supporters here on DU have the guts to do such a thing.

Oh they may hop on this thread and color thier support with a buch of fair trial comments... but not one of them will come in to say he should be aquited.
    B2G (1,664 posts)
    1. First of all, it's 'acquitted"

And secondly, what's wrong with wanting to see justice done, no matter what the outcome? Are we supposed to pick sides based on nothing more than a persons race?

That's not the way to move towards a post racial society.
    Star Member geek tragedy (27,345 posts)
    46. So, you think justice is Zimmerman being found not guilty of any crime here? Come out and say it nt
    B2G (1,664 posts)
    55. Why don't you just come out and say

you want Zimmerman convicted to matter what the evidence shows?

Both mindsets are pathetic. We have a judicial system for a reason. Amazing to me so many insult those that believe in it.
    Star Member geek tragedy (27,345 posts)
    60. I want him convicted because the evidence shows he killed a human being

in a confrontation he initiated.

If you let Zimmerman walk, it's open hunting season on young black men in Florida.
    B2G (1,664 posts)
    4. And I could just as easily ask you

if you want to see Zimmerman convicted based on...what exactly? Media reports? Racial factors?

Are you following the testimony?
    alsame (6,315 posts)
    6. He got out his car carrying

a gun and stalked an unarmed teenager who ended up dead.
    Star Member Kingofalldems (11,231 posts)
    68. He wouldn't have followed Trayvon if he didn't have

his little gun with him. No denying that. Some gun lovers will not address this question and slam DU with clever pro Zimmerman posts.
    Star Member Peregrine (858 posts)
    69. I think he is guilty of manslaughter, but I do want him to get completely off. Why?

Because DU has gone off the deep end on this. This trial means absolutely noting in the larger scheme of things, but DU has decided that if he is found not guilty that this will start open season on minorities. DU has all of the answers and are looking for anything which might be racist.
    Star Member quinnox (16,216 posts)
    8. yep. I'm just wondering if they will keep defending Zimmerman when he is found guilty

they will probably be too chicken-shit to do that though because it would expose them too much (for what they are).
    Vattel (3,318 posts)
    29. What a stupid thing to say.
    Star Member quinnox (16,216 posts)
    34. what part?

Can you be more specific in terms of what problem you have with my post?
    noiretextatique (21,547 posts)
    37. zimmerman apologists

liek to pretend their support of him has nothing to do with race.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I was going to bring this one over but got busy, thanks Carol!!!

That's our DUmmies, they want Zim convicted no matter what the evidence may show.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I was going to bring this one over but got busy, thanks Carol!!!

That's our DUmmies, they want Zim convicted no matter what the evidence may show.
    Some DUers don't care if the evidence shows that Zimmerman is innocent. Some appear to though.

I have to be honest. I still question whether Zimmerman had to use his gun to kill Martin or if he couldn't have found another way. I still question whether manslaughter wasn't for real. However, second degree murder should be off the table. Too much has been discredited.

Hey DUers, think about this. Zimmerman is Hispanic. That's another minority. Just like in the OJ Simpson trial, people forgot that Nicole Brown Simpson was considered a minority too (not because there are less woman. There's not. It's because women generally have less power in society). Ronald Goldman was a Jew. That's a minority. Why was OJ Simpson considered the only minority in that case?

Likewise, people need to remember that George Zimmerman is also a minority. He probably voted for Obama in 2008 (probably not since then since Obama spoke out against him).

In fact, everybody might find this interesting. He once protested the beating of a black, homeless man.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1057162

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/24/justic...-teen-shooting

By contrast, Martin called him a "creepy cracka."

Lanie, there's another thread in here that addresses that Zimmerman is hispanic. They do all sorts of backflips to say that hispanic is not a "racial minority". So trying that bent will get you know where.

This is racism at it's purest. It's nothing at all differant then the lynch mobs of old who'd hang a black man just cause he was black.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Lanie, there's another thread in here that addresses that Zimmerman is hispanic. They do all sorts of backflips to say that hispanic is not a "racial minority". So trying that bent will get you know where.

This is racism at it's purest. It's nothing at all differant then the lynch mobs of old who'd hang a black man just cause he was black.
    Zimmerman is white, but it's Hispanic white. The culture is different to a point and they're treated differently by a lot of "white' people. Come to think of it, they're often looked down upon by black people too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Zimmerman is white, but it's Hispanic white. The culture is different to a point and they're treated differently by a lot of "white' people. Come to think of it, they're often looked down upon by black people too.
    So by your definition, is Obama black white? He's just as white as Zimmerman(50%). Maybe even more so considering he's 1 generation removed from a "typical white person".

B2G (1,664 posts)
    1. First of all, it's 'acquitted"

And secondly, what's wrong with wanting to see justice done, no matter what the outcome? Are we supposed to pick sides based on nothing more than a persons race?

That's not the way to move towards a post racial society.
    Why not? Your ilk including your president already made their distinction and tried and convicted this man a year before Zimmerman was even charged with a crime. This trial is nothing more than a sentencing hearing.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Hispanic white?

NJ pointed out in another thread that Zimmerman is just as white as Obama. I'll add that if Obama's mother had had another child, with a Latino father, he'd have looked like George Zimmerman.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The DUmmies are certainly having kittens over this.

Bottom line though, except for a small number, they don't want to listen
    to a trial, just see Z led off in cuffs and I bet a fair number would like to see
    him get the chair.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    The DUmmies are certainly having kittens over this.

Bottom line though, except for a small number, they don't want to listen
    to a trial, just see Z led off in cuffs and I bet a fair number would like to see
    him get the chair.
    What, no candlelight vigil against the death penalty?

That would be funny, wouldn't it, for a liberal to demand the death penalty for someone, and then do one of those idiotic vigils to protest the execution.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!