Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46
  1. #11  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    A handful of idiots, none of whom are identified as "activist" in any sense we normally use the term, amounts to a handful of idiots looking for attention. The Tawana Brawley moment would be if HRC ran head on into each of those situations, called a press conference, and marched on Salt Lake or went riot on synagogues because Dennis Prager and Michael Medved have both been particularly obnoxious this week.
    Once again defending the indefensible. Any excuse to defend your abnormal lifestyle and the people trying to force the rest of us to accept it right?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,361
    You don't have to accept it. You can just ignore it. It doesn't have anything to do with you, does it?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    A handful of idiots, none of whom are identified as "activist" in any sense we normally use the term, amounts to a handful of idiots looking for attention. The Tawana Brawley moment would be if HRC ran head on into each of those situations, called a press conference, and marched on Salt Lake or went riot on synagogues because Dennis Prager and Michael Medved have both been particularly obnoxious this week.
    Actually, the HRC ran riot on churches after Prop 8, except for black and Latino churches, which, for some strange reason, they avoided. Go figure.

    And, there are the various historical figures that the activists are now trying to convince us were gay, such as Abraham Lincoln. The majority owes the minority tolerance, but the minority owes the majority good will and a willingness to accept the societal norms that are in place. This isn't about being tolerated by the majority, this is about supplanting its values and overturning it.

    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    You don't have to accept it. You can just ignore it. It doesn't have anything to do with you, does it?
    My kids used to watch Sesame Street, and they will see this cover on the newsstands. You can come over and explain it to them.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

    My kids used to watch Sesame Street, and they will see this cover on the newsstands. You can come over and explain it to them.
    I doubt they have much interest in the New Yorker, depending on their age, or even have much occasion to run into it. Bert and Ernie are watching television together. That ought to cover it.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    And, there are the various historical figures that the activists are now trying to convince us were gay, such as Abraham Lincoln.
    That was a silly interpretation in a book that was easily discredited. Lincoln rode the legal circuit for a long time, and it was the custom at inns to sell a space in a bed, not a whole hotel room like we do today. Men often shared beds on that basis. It's always a problem when we interpret yesterday with today's attitudes and no context.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    My kids used to watch Sesame Street, and they will see this cover on the newsstands. You can come over and explain it to them.
    Lets not forget that Sesame Street does a lot of outreach with military children as well.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,860
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Lets not forget that Sesame Street does a lot of outreach with military children as well.
    Uh huh. And they also had a muppet with HIV.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,126
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    You don't have to accept it. You can just ignore it. It doesn't have anything to do with you, does it?
    I am sure what Hitler started doing to the Jews before the camps did not affect the run of the mill Germans and they shouldn't have done anything to change it, right?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,126
    Ugh I watched Sesame street as a wee lad and now those memories are ruined.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I doubt they have much interest in the New Yorker, depending on their age, or even have much occasion to run into it. Bert and Ernie are watching television together. That ought to cover it.
    the New Yorker is on newstands throughout the US, including the Barnes and Noble that we go to, and often, they put up covers as posters, so kids will see it. My five-year-old might buy your explanation, but my nine-year-old will ask more questions, like why they are watching the court, and why they are cuddling. Feel free to explain that when she asks.

    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    That was a silly interpretation in a book that was easily discredited. Lincoln rode the legal circuit for a long time, and it was the custom at inns to sell a space in a bed, not a whole hotel room like we do today. Men often shared beds on that basis. It's always a problem when we interpret yesterday with today's attitudes and no context.
    It was an absurd interpretation, but it was put out there, and with enough repetition, it will become "fact", just like Thomas Jefferson's affair with Sally Hemmings. Remember, it's not about truth, it's about narratives that support the agenda.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •