Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Letter to Rachel Jeantel - An Apology on Behalf of the Whole World 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Teh Stupid is so strong here...

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 07:10 PM
    K Gardner

A Letter to Rachel Jeantel - An Apology on Behalf of the Whole World

Last edited Thu Jun 27, 2013, 08:11 PM USA/ET - Edit history (2)
    Powerful, beautiful, heart-wrenching blog by Khadijah Costley White
    I want to write you an apology for this whole world, even if itís not my place to apologize. Iím so sorry that youíre sitting on the stand right now, being interrogated like a criminal instead of another victim. Iím so sorry that people are judging you, fixated more on your beautiful brown skin, your carefully applied make-up, your body, your being, than your trauma and your pain. Iím sorry that you were born into a country where a man can pursue and kill a black boy, your friend, and go home the same night with the blessings of law enforcement officers. Iím sorry that youíve been retraumatized, stigmatized, defamed, and attacked just because you were unlucky enough to love a black boy, to share time with him, to be the last one he ever called.

Iím so sorry for your loss.

This letter, I know, doesnít make up for any of it. Not for the unimaginable grief and pain youíve suffered in the last year. Not for the guilt or shame youíve probably felt, which no doubt has affected your health and will continue to affect your life, your dreams, your faith. I canít even fix the extreme likelihood that you and your children might soon find it impossible to vote in your home state. Or that you were never taught to read cursive, or that the school you grew up attending was probably more like a prison than a place of learning. I canít promise that you, or another loved one (or mine) wonít, yet again, die too soon, too young, too black.

What a load of bullshit and the OP is called on it by at least 1 person...

Response to Awknid (Reply #1)
    Sat Jun 29, 2013, 08:24 AM
    WhataKnight (20 posts)

85. Could be the dumbest thing I have read

Seriously we should apologize to a young women who has no respect for authority, can hardly read or write, is going to be a 20 year old senior and thought it was normal enough for Trayvon to get into a fight at night in a strange city alone that she never called him back after the phone went dead.

Seriously, that is who you apologize to? Where do you think she will be in five years, ten years and will you still be apologizing to her than? To continue to make excuse for her failures is not helping her or anyone else.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Teh Stupid is so strong here...

What a load of bullshit and the OP is called on it by at least 1 person...
    I suspect that whataknight isn't going to be long for DU if he keeps talking like this.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I love the comments
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 07:10 PM
    K Gardner

A Letter to Rachel Jeantel - An Apology on Behalf of the Whole World
    Hope it wasn't written in cursive.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I love how in the comment section those "retards" find it ok for blacks to use racist terms because "they aren't in power" not to mention using words that are bigoted (retard etc). I love how they justify their actions.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Fabulous Poster
    Eric Deggans in the St Pete Times is also in on this seemingly nationwide game plan of pseudo explanations and deflections (anything but refutation) and if that doesn't work then yelling "Racist!"

It's tiresome. It wears a person out. It's supposed to. That seems to be the strategy in the Zimmerman publicity as well as Global Warming: argue until reasonable voices have had enough and move on.

That's why you can't simply walk away from an echo chamber. When people are wrong or deliberately lying, you keep calling them on it.... even if it's tiresome, even if you are worn out, even if it doesn't appear that it will accomplish anything.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Hope it wasn't written in cursive.
    It was electronic, so as long as they didn't use italic fonts, she should be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Eric Deggans in the St Pete Times is also in on this seemingly nationwide game plan of pseudo explanations and deflections (anything but refutation) and if that doesn't work then yelling "Racist!"

It's tiresome. It wears a person out. It's supposed to. That seems to be the strategy in the Zimmerman publicity as well as Global Warming: argue until reasonable voices have had enough and move on.

That's why you can't simply walk away from an echo chamber. When people are wrong or deliberately lying, you keep calling them on it.... even if it's tiresome, even if you are worn out, even if it doesn't appear that it will accomplish anything.
    Yes, we've gotten used to that on a host of issues, especially gay marriage. That's why we keep replying to you.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Wow... someone actually managed to tie this together with the Voting Rights act repeal...

Damn they never cease to amaze.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!

EOTE (12,376 posts)
    62. So where's my apology FROM THE WHOLE WORLD for reading this post?

If Rachel deserves an apology for acting like a spoiled child and having no sense of decorum in court, then surely I deserve something even better for reading that pathetic excuse for rational discourse.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Liberals believe to be racist you must have Prejudice+power, and since blacks have never had power they can never be racist... but considering they believe blacks have never had power, and they assume blacks never will because they're "so poor and so black" which is incredibly racist.