Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 In an Ugly Racist Fox News Rant Sarah Palin Calls President Obama Lackadaisical 
    link

Here's another RACIST word to add to your list.
    Tx4obama (30,345 posts)

In an Ugly Racist Fox News Rant Sarah Palin Calls President Obama Lackadaisical

In an Ugly Racist Fox News Rant Sarah Palin Calls President Obama Lackadaisical

Sarah Palin welcomed herself back to Fox News today with an ugly racist rant that culminated with her breaking out Jim Crow stereotypes and calling President Obama lackadaisical.

Palin used a question about the pursuit of Edward Snowden to launch a racist attack against President Obama:

Well, you know the whole issue with Snowden and with the governmentís violation of our 4th Amendment rights of our privacy and against searches and seizures of our property and communications. The problem there is that government has lied to us, and they do spy on our communications, and it took Snowden to disclose that, but if heís violated the law then he needs to get back here and answer to the rule of law, because we are still a nation that respects the rule of law. Right? Even though amnesty bill just sort of thwarted all that.

But with Obama deciding to just oh I guess lead from behind on this issue too, thatís the community organizer in our president. Thatís a bit of that lackadaisical eh you know, donít have to take responsibility. His resume proves he hasnít had to responsibility for much in all these years. This just another issue, another example that falls in line with a community organizer.

-snip-

Full article here: http://www.politicususa.com/2013/06/...adaisical.html

Be sure to read the whole thing at the link
    I'm beginning to think that the ONLY REASON liberals elected Obama is so that he can do whatever THEY want him to do and when conservatives don't agree with him or criticize him they can stomp their feet, whine and scream ' racist, racist, racist", figuring that will shut down debate and keep people from disagreeing with liberals.
    Star Member GreenEyedLefty (773 posts)
    25. "Lackadaisical" when used to describe a black person is a racist dog whistle, for sure.
    Star Member JustAnotherGen (6,305 posts)
    19. I didn't know this

Author Mariann S. Regan explained that lackadaisical is part of the Southís history racist terminology used to describe African-Americans, ďIn the light of my family memoir Into the Briar Patch, I can see how this stereotype was born during slavery and Jim Crow. Growing up, I learned that the Southís rich vocabulary for laziness was often applied to African-Americans: shiftless, no-account, trifling, good-for-nothing, lackadaisical, half-hearted, slow as molasses. In the South, slaves labored in the fields from sunup to sundown. Yet somehow the blacks were the ones who got called lazy.Ē

The parts in bold. The non bold ones yes - but bold - no.

I also recently learned at DU that when my black, Talladega born father would tell us to: Get to fetchin and steppin - normally said to us when we weren't jumping up and doing something our mother told us to do . . . That it was a reference to being an Uncle Tom.

I wonder how many people Sister Sarah Alaskstan counted on NOT knowing that when she said it?
    I guess what I would say that there is NOTHING racist about it if it is true.....and it is, though I didn't know the word lackadaisical was associated with racism.

Of course they claim that ANYTHING negative that is said about a black person is *racist*, because at some point it was said about another black person or was used during the time of slavery.

It says MORE ABOUT liberals than it does Palin.

Of course they are livid about this.......as they spew their HATRED of Palin. But their HATRED of Palin is quite OK, to them, of course.

Someone needs to compose a list because I can't seem to keep up with all of these dog whistle words.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Hey DUmmies...fuck you. Is that racist too???
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Hey DUmmies...fuck you. Is that racist too???
    Actually , no. I always thought that "fuck" was a word which wasn't used by white people until they were forced to serve in the military with blacks in WWII or Korea. Certainly nice white people didn't use that word before 1970. Well it turns out I was wrong. The word "fuck" can be found on the menu of an English whorehouse long before American whites were forced to share residential space with blacks in the military.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Someone needs to compose a list because I can't seem to keep up with all of these dog whistle words.
    It's not the words, it's who uses them. Here's the shorthand: Anything said by a conservative, regardless of intent, is racist. Anything said by a liberal, regardless of how offensive, is inherently not racist. Thus, if Obama calls Palin a pig in lipstick (as he did), that's just political discourse, but if Palin points out that a president who has spent more time golfing than doing his job has a crappy work ethic, she's a racist.

If she said it about a white liberal, it would still be racist, because that person favors policies that are allegedly supposed to help minorities, even if they end up doing far more harm than good. For example, pro-lifers are accused of being racist, even though abortions hit African-Americans disproportionately, and the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was a notorious racist and eugenicist who had a stated agenda of eliminating them from the gene pool. However, she's a liberal icon, so pointing out that Sanger was a racist is racist. Pointing out that Zimmerman is Latino is racist, as is believing that he deserves a fair trial. If, as people throughout history thought, you believe that marriage involves two genders, then you're also a bigoted homophobe, as were all of those others throughout history. Consequently, the only people in the history of the world who weren't racists, sexists, homophobes or otherwise animated by some kind of politically incorrect hatred were, well, modern liberals and those few Progressive icons who they can identify from their t-shirts (like Che Guevara, who loathed blacks, but who must not be a racist, because he's a person of color, or at least he's red and black on the t-shirts).

Now, if you guys will excuse me, I'm probably going to have to report for reeducation...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    In fifty some years, I can't say that I ever knew the word "lackadaisical" to be applied specifically to negroes. I can remember a teacher in an all white school telling me or us to not take a "lackadaisical attitude" toward our project or homework.

Frankly, it's one of those words one rarely sees written. Like serendipitous, it simply rolls off the tongue of aging women in that way they go on.

The unprintable Southern term, and I am given to understand is nearly universal, which is indeed racist is generally applied to a person of African sub-Saharan ancestry hyphenated with "lazy".

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Now, if you guys will excuse me, I'm probably going to have to report for reeducation...
    It's about time. You need to fine tune your code-switching.

It's not the words, it's who uses them. Here's the shorthand: Anything said by a conservative, regardless of intent, is racist. Anything said by a liberal, regardless of how offensive, is inherently not racist. Thus, if Obama calls Palin a pig in lipstick (as he did), that's just political discourse, but if Palin points out that a president who has spent more time golfing than doing his job has a crappy work ethic, she's a racist.

If she said it about a white liberal, it would still be racist, because that person favors policies that are allegedly supposed to help minorities, even if they end up doing far more harm than good. For example, pro-lifers are accused of being racist, even though abortions hit African-Americans disproportionately, and the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was a notorious racist and eugenicist who had a stated agenda of eliminating them from the gene pool. However, she's a liberal icon, so pointing out that Sanger was a racist is racist. Pointing out that Zimmerman is Latino is racist, as is believing that he deserves a fair trial. If, as people throughout history thought, you believe that marriage involves two genders, then you're also a bigoted homophobe, as were all of those others throughout history. Consequently, the only people in the history of the world who weren't racists, sexists, homophobes or otherwise animated by some kind of politically incorrect hatred were, well, modern liberals and those few Progressive icons who they can identify from their t-shirts (like Che Guevara, who loathed blacks, but who must not be a racist, because he's a person of color, or at least he's red and black on the t-shirts).

(Stolen from the People's Cube)
    You've been counted, Thought Criminal #8857921
    Write down this number and report to your Kommissar at the nearest railroad station.
    Don't forget warm clothes and a shovel!
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim54 View Post
    (Stolen from the People's Cube)
    You've been counted, Thought Criminal #8857921
    Write down this number and report to your Kommissar at the nearest railroad station.
    Don't forget warm clothes and a shovel!
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

They haven't told me to report yet...you're safe for now.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.