The Zimmerman trial brings out the RACISTS and the willfully ignorant on DU.
Star Member trumad (34,645 posts)
Raise your hand if you want to see Zimmerman aquited.
I doubt Zimmermans supporters here on DU have the guts to do such a thing.
Oh they may hop on this thread and color thier support with a buch of fair trial comments... but not one of them will come in to say he should be aquited.B2G (1,664 posts)
1. First of all, it's 'acquitted"
And secondly, what's wrong with wanting to see justice done, no matter what the outcome? Are we supposed to pick sides based on nothing more than a persons race?
That's not the way to move towards a post racial society.Star Member geek tragedy (27,345 posts)
46. So, you think justice is Zimmerman being found not guilty of any crime here? Come out and say it ntB2G (1,664 posts)
55. Why don't you just come out and say
you want Zimmerman convicted to matter what the evidence shows?
Both mindsets are pathetic. We have a judicial system for a reason. Amazing to me so many insult those that believe in it.Star Member geek tragedy (27,345 posts)
60. I want him convicted because the evidence shows he killed a human being
in a confrontation he initiated.
If you let Zimmerman walk, it's open hunting season on young black men in Florida.B2G (1,664 posts)
4. And I could just as easily ask you
if you want to see Zimmerman convicted based on...what exactly? Media reports? Racial factors?
Are you following the testimony?alsame (6,315 posts)
6. He got out his car carrying
a gun and stalked an unarmed teenager who ended up dead.Star Member Kingofalldems (11,231 posts)
68. He wouldn't have followed Trayvon if he didn't have
his little gun with him. No denying that. Some gun lovers will not address this question and slam DU with clever pro Zimmerman posts.Star Member Peregrine (858 posts)
69. I think he is guilty of manslaughter, but I do want him to get completely off. Why?
Because DU has gone off the deep end on this. This trial means absolutely noting in the larger scheme of things, but DU has decided that if he is found not guilty that this will start open season on minorities. DU has all of the answers and are looking for anything which might be racist.Star Member quinnox (16,216 posts)
8. yep. I'm just wondering if they will keep defending Zimmerman when he is found guilty
they will probably be too chicken-shit to do that though because it would expose them too much (for what they are).Vattel (3,318 posts)
29. What a stupid thing to say.Star Member quinnox (16,216 posts)
34. what part?
Can you be more specific in terms of what problem you have with my post?noiretextatique (21,547 posts)
37. zimmerman apologists
liek to pretend their support of him has nothing to do with race.