1. #1 Breaking News - Judge Rules Against Whiner! 
    N.Y. Judge: Broken-Tooth Popcorn Suit's a Dud

NEW YORK (AP) -- Movie munchers beware! A New York judge says popcorn purchasers worried about breaking a tooth on unpopped kernels should nibble carefully -- or eat something else.

Insurance broker Steve Kaplan says he encountered a double dud while watching the movie ``Superbad'' at the AMC-Lincoln Square Cinema a year ago: His tooth hurt and the movie was awful.

Kaplan sued to recover $1,250 for dental repairs. But Manhattan Civil Court Judge Matthew Cooper ruled that Kaplan could not reasonably expect every kernel to be popped.
    I expect that this judge will be removed from the bench for employing common sense.

Tasty

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I expect that this judge will be removed from the bench for employing common sense.

Tasty
    Typical Junk lawsuit. Just because he couldn't get his money back for an awful movie he tries the old Broken Tooth on the popcorn' scam !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Typical Junk lawsuit. Just because he couldn't get his money back for an awful movie he tries the old Broken Tooth on the popcorn' scam !
    Oh, I believe he really had a broken tooth from the popcorn; that's a common occurrence. That's also a known hazard of popcorn consumption. I'm just shocked that a judge would recognize the hazard.