Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11  
    Senior Member ReinMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Luna Pier, MI
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Would you stop living on emotion for a moment and analyze this?
    Yes, let's analyze. This should be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    How did abortion become legal?
    Abortion did not 'become' legal. Before Roe v. Wade, it was legal in some states, and not in others, with or without restrictions, depending on the state. The Texas law that Roe was fighting, in particular, 'made it a crime to obtain or attempt an abortion except on medical advice to save the life of the mother.' Roe was demanding an abortion 'on demand'. She could have simply traveled to another state to get it. Link
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Why is it that often fifty percent or more of this country has wanted it to stay over the years?
    I challenge this statement as misleading, and uninformed. Fifty percent have not wanted it to stay; the nine members of the Supreme Court have made that decision all by themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    It's because people don't think of the unborn as a person. They can't see the unborn, touch them, or anything, so it's not real to them. Making it real to them would make the difference. I don't mean graphic pics. I mean education about fetal development, 3D pictures, and so forth.
    That's only half the problem. The other half is that you and other progressives want to alter the basic principle of cause and effect where the consequences of stupid behavior might be a deterrent to that behavior, because that, to you and your fellow travelers, is the true meaning of 'liberty'.

    The consequences of unprotected sex are exposure to STDs and potential unwanted pregnancy. Rather than alter the behavior to mitigate the risk of consequences, you have demanded that the law change to expand your options to avoid the consequences.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

    ~John Adams
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Politically tired. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,561
    Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post
    Yes, let's analyze. This should be fun.

    Abortion did not 'become' legal. Before Roe v. Wade, it was legal in some states, and not in others, with or without restrictions, depending on the state. The Texas law that Roe was fighting, in particular, 'made it a crime to obtain or attempt an abortion except on medical advice to save the life of the mother.' Roe was demanding an abortion 'on demand'. She could have simply traveled to another state to get it. Link

    I challenge this statement as misleading, and uninformed. Fifty percent have not wanted it to stay; the nine members of the Supreme Court have made that decision all by themselves.

    That's only half the problem. The other half is that you and other progressives want to alter the basic principle of cause and effect where the consequences of stupid behavior might be a deterrent to that behavior, because that, to you and your fellow travelers, is the true meaning of 'liberty'.

    The consequences of unprotected sex are exposure to STDs and potential unwanted pregnancy. Rather than alter the behavior to mitigate the risk of consequences, you have demanded that the law change to expand your options to avoid the consequences.


    Reinman! Do you really believe any of this would have happened if the public could have been convinced that the unborn was a person? Do you ever hear of justification of killing one's BORN children because of poverty, rape, incest, still going through college, or any of the other reasons given for abortion?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Politically tired. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,561
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I have a book in my house written by a guy by the name of Harry Camisa. Mr. Camisa is a former corrections officer who worked at NJ State Prison(then Trenton State) and he tells the story of his first execution after being put on that detail. The person being executed had been sentenced 5 months prior. 5 months from sentencing to execution. I think that's more than fair. But thanks to your friends on the left, that same murderer would be kept alive. IMO the accused gets 1 appeal and if a judge agrees to hear it, so be it. If it's denied, too bad so sad, he fries that afternoon. Oh, and a convicted murderer is a person? Guess what? So was his victim or is that lost on you as well. As I said, your side gets more worked up about a mink coat or a South American moon cricket than an unborn child. And I'll stop being a scapegoating jerk when you stop being a leftist twat.
    Well, I'll tell you what. I'm going to start judging all people from NJ as pollution prone jerks because you're a jerk. The pollution comes in after seeing NJ for myself.

    Even a lot of the Catholic Church (conservatives and liberals) are against the death penalty. What are your thoughts on that?

    Killing the killer won't bring his/her victim back.

    on edit: The reason I chose you to call a scapegoating jerk (when really many on this board is) is because you blame the left for the problems on a particular subject that I've spent my entire life sympathizing with. The odd thing is when I take up for this cause in real life, the conservatives are usually the first ones to tell me I'm in the wrong. The conservatives contribute to the problem just as much IF NOT MORE than liberals. I never say anything to you about it because I'm usually sympathetic toward you at the time, but the truth st the left is not entirely responsible for what you're blaming them for. Conservatives have MORE THAN THEIR FAIR SHARE on the subject.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Well, I'll tell you what. I'm going to start judging all people from NJ as pollution prone jerks because you're a jerk. The pollution comes in after seeing NJ for myself.

    Even a lot of the Catholic Church (conservatives and liberals) are against the death penalty. What are your thoughts on that?

    Killing the killer won't bring his/her victim back.

    on edit: The reason I chose you to call a scapegoating jerk (when really many on this board is) is because you blame the left for the problems on a particular subject that I've spent my entire life sympathizing with. The odd thing is when I take up for this cause in real life, the conservatives are usually the first ones to tell me I'm in the wrong. The conservatives contribute to the problem just as much IF NOT MORE than liberals. I never say anything to you about it because I'm usually sympathetic toward you at the time, but the truth st the left is not entirely responsible for what you're blaming them for. Conservatives have MORE THAN THEIR FAIR SHARE on the subject.
    They're wrong like everyone else is. The Catholic Church is also against contraception and abortion but that doesn't seem to matter does it. At least they're consistent, you people are not. Problem is, your side wants not only abortion but abortion when ever and for whatever reason they want it. No restriction. There are members of your side who believe a mother is well within her rights to kill her baby even after birth.

    As for this little gem:
    Killing the killer won't bring his/her victim back.
    This is where you idiot leftists lose the argument. It's never about bringing the victim back, it's about punishing the guilty for the crime they committed. But let's play your little game. Let's put killer away for life. In today's day and age, do you really think prison is punishment? Now, remember, of the 2 of us, only I have up close experience in this so be careful how you answer.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,011
    Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post

    The consequences of unprotected sex are exposure to STDs and potential unwanted pregnancy. Rather than alter the behavior to mitigate the risk of consequences, you have demanded that the law change to expand your options to avoid the consequences.
    Therein lies the rub. Liberals want no lines that cannot be crossed. This is why this group of disgusting assholes want to be able to abort a baby even at 6 months or later. However, tell them a building is going to be built in an area where some snail might get disturbed, they sing a different tune. This is why these people are jokes. Remember, fur is murder, abortion is not.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Well, I'll tell you what. I'm going to start judging all people from NJ as pollution prone jerks because you're a jerk. The pollution comes in after seeing NJ for myself.

    Even a lot of the Catholic Church (conservatives and liberals) are against the death penalty. What are your thoughts on that?

    Killing the killer won't bring his/her victim back.

    on edit: The reason I chose you to call a scapegoating jerk (when really many on this board is) is because you blame the left for the problems on a particular subject that I've spent my entire life sympathizing with. The odd thing is when I take up for this cause in real life, the conservatives are usually the first ones to tell me I'm in the wrong. The conservatives contribute to the problem just as much IF NOT MORE than liberals. I never say anything to you about it because I'm usually sympathetic toward you at the time, but the truth st the left is not entirely responsible for what you're blaming them for. Conservatives have MORE THAN THEIR FAIR SHARE on the subject.

    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Politically tired. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,561
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    They're wrong like everyone else is. The Catholic Church is also against contraception and abortion but that doesn't seem to matter does it. At least they're consistent, you people are not. Problem is, your side wants not only abortion but abortion when ever and for whatever reason they want it. No restriction. There are members of your side who believe a mother is well within her rights to kill her baby even after birth.

    As for this little gem:


    This is where you idiot leftists lose the argument. It's never about bringing the victim back, it's about punishing the guilty for the crime they committed. But let's play your little game. Let's put killer away for life. In today's day and age, do you really think prison is punishment? Now, remember, of the 2 of us, only I have up close experience in this so be careful how you answer.

    Thank you for your answer on the Catholics/death penalty thing. There are a FEW idiots who think killing after birth is okay. I heard about the England Journal of Medicine or whatever the crap that was. That was just one of the final things that pushed me into pro-life. People obviously can't draw the line anywhere.

    Life in prison. For me it would mean a lifetime of possibly being violated (which you say the guards can't help. Okay, but the threat is still there). It means I can't dress how I want to or eat what I want to. It means I can't go and meet guys. My visits with loved ones would be limited. No, I don't think it would be a picnic.

    But then again, a lot of criminals don't think like me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,550
    I am pro choice, but I certainly don't want some conservative politcian's daughter to get raped. Some people don't think before they scream at others.


    I don't think abortion is murder, but I also don't think fur coats are murder, either. If I ever win the lottery, I'm getting a sable coat. After I buy a Harley classic and pay off all my debts, that is.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I am pro choice, but I certainly don't want some conservative politcian's daughter to get raped. Some people don't think before they scream at others.
    You miss the point. The person who shouted this did think about it. She wants the politician's daughter to get raped, because she thinks that it will teach her father a lesson. What part of "these are evil, disgusting people" do you not yet understand?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post

    Life in prison. For me it would mean a lifetime of possibly being violated (which you say the guards can't help. Okay, but the threat is still there). It means I can't dress how I want to or eat what I want to. It means I can't go and meet guys. My visits with loved ones would be limited. No, I don't think it would be a picnic.
    Again, you speak of what you do no know. I will explain using your own words:

    For me it would mean a lifetime of possibly being violated (which you say the guards can't help. Okay, but the threat is still there).
    It is no more prevalent than the street. And murderers aren't the types of inmates that get raped.

    It means I can't dress how I want to
    Really? I'm not even going to comment on this one because it is that lame.

    eat what I want to.
    No but you will have access to commissary meaning you can eat as close to the outside as you might think. Believe me, 24 hours a day and some of these guys turn into jailhouse gourmets.

    It means I can't go and meet guys.
    Then I guess all of those prison gangs are a myth, huh?

    My visits with loved ones would be limited.
    Yeah, to every weekend. These guys see their families more now then when they were on the outside. And let's not forget pretty much unlimited phone calls. Oh, keep in mind that they are till getting more visitation time with their families than the decedent.

    Now let me include what you didn't:

    Inmates get free healthcare. If they become infirm, they get better care in prison than law abiding seniors get in nursing homes. Don't bother trying to contradict this because this is the area in my prison in which I work. They also get prescription medication for $1. They also have access to free education including college. Life imprisonment does not mean their life ends. There have been countless lifers who've gotten law degrees in prison all on our dime. They get television in their cells. Free(after buying the TV). They get free gym memberships. Ever see an inmate who takes his weights seriously? I've come across some pretty big dudes in my day who were pretty blown up. All of this doesn't count the off the books stuff like drugs, sex with women, smuggles cell phones, etc. Believe me, today, prison ain't the prison you see in movies.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •