1. #1 Doctors And The Hippocratic Oath 
    One thing even we laymen know is that the first rule of the Hippocratic Oath is "Do No Harm". This is the argument about assisted suicide. Doctors cannot help a terminal patient kill themselves because it violates the first rule of the Hippocratic oath. So, why isn't performing an abortion, especially at 20 weeks, not a violation? They are doing great harm by stabbing a baby with a needle, injecting it with poison or puncturing it's skull. The answer is simple, because thanks to the left, the goalposts have been moved. They took it upon themselves to decide what is and what isn't a viable fetus. That a woman has the right to choose what happens to her body(what she puts in that body, however, is subject to regulation). That all life isn't sacred(the fact that they will fight tooth and nail to prevent a convicted murderer being put down or to prevent some innocuous snail from being displaced proves that). Thanks to the left, they can change the Hippocratic oath to the Hypocratic oath.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Thinking that doctors go by the Hippocratic oath is like thinking the postman actually go by "Neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"
    You must be thinking of a time when morality and responsibility existed.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Seeing the title of this thread made me think of the Hypocrites oath most politicians seem to take these days. Something to the effect:

' I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all ...'

What a shit sandwich that one is.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I'm no doctor, but I believe doctors have always been able to refuse to perform the procedure without repercussions, and I don't think that's been changed by the big abortion known as Obamacare (Yet).

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    I'm no doctor, but I believe doctors have always been able to refuse to perform the procedure without repercussions, and I don't think that's been changed by the big abortion known as Obamacare (Yet).
    Nurses on the other hand, if I understand correctly can more or less be forced to aid in the performance of an abortion.

I'm not absolutely sure, and this certainly doesn't help my pro-choice case at all, but I think that the traditional Hippocratic oath did require the doctor to vow not to perform abortions. I don't know when it was revised, but I'm pretty sure that at some point I read an old novel in which the original was cited.

Power CUer
    The modern oath was written in 1964. Here is an interesting overview of the oath's history and different versions.
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/hi...ath-today.html
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken