Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Five Lies the Democrats Have Told You 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    To begin with, we had the historic turbulence in the markets and the financial sector of our nation, influenced, unquestionably, by global economic turbulence.

And this leads us to the first lie told by the Democrats that President Bush is responsible for the economic challenges we now confront.

Indeed, it was remarkable to watch the Democratic leadership stand in front of the country and tell the American people that the problems facing us economically are President Bush's problem, not the country's. You talk about political cowardice. One would think that the Party that runs Congress wasn't part of the country or the government but in fact we all should know that it was Bush and McCain who suggested several years ago that tougher oversight was needed in the market, and Democratic friends of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae demurred. Please.

The second lie told us by the Democrats and their media was that John McCain blew up a "bailout" deal that was ready to be implemented late in the week.

In fact, there was no deal because no one had bothered to consult with the Republican House leadership. McCain, in fact, played an important role in trying to shore up Republic House support for needed legislation.

The third lie told us by the Democrats was that Senator Obama played a significant role in the process.

We now know this, too, is pure fiction of the sort political hacks spin out each election year. Senator Obama was a bystander to history, and mostly had his finger in the air checking where the political winds were blowing. Frankly, he is increasingly just the same old politician. Change, smange.

The fourth lie we were told was that Obama won the Friday night debate.

CNN did a quick poll the only problem was that their poll, as they even admitted when pressed, contained a disproporitionate share of Democrats. So, they release a poll that Obama won, get it out on the networks, and then people who hear the news assume Obama won and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. This is deception of the highest order, even beneath the pro-Obama media.

The final lie we have been told is that Governor Palin's interview with a scowling Katie Couric somehow indicated she is not ready for primetime politics.

What it proved, really, was that she is still getting her media sea legs. Well, goodness gracious, when a 30-year pro like Joe Biden makes a gaffe a week, you would think folks might give Palin a month or two to adjust to the national media glare.

The sad truth is that sexism does live and Governor Palin has been subjected to it nonstop from the media and the Democrats, who have held her to a standard no one else in the campaign has been held to. That is a lie by double standard.

But if you think this is bad, wait until the polls get close again. Steel yourself for many more such examples of mendacity in the weeks ahead. Those who worship at the altar of federal power will do anything to obtain that power, that they might be worshipped by those dependant on them for all those things a powerful government can bestow.

http://www.intellectualconservative....have-told-you/

Vice President Cheney on Iraq:

"I really do believe that we will be greeted as liberators."

(Cheney, Meet the Press, 3/16/03)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    [SIZE="3"]The fourth lie we were told was that Obama won the Friday night debate.

CNN did a quick poll the only problem was that their poll, as they even admitted when pressed, contained a disproporitionate share of Democrats. So, they release a poll that Obama won, get it out on the networks, and then people who hear the news assume Obama won and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. This is deception of the highest order, even beneath the pro-Obama media.
    If CNN does it, I wonder just how many other polls are doing it as well? It wouldn't surprise me if the majority are doing this as well.

"Here's why the personal accounts are a better deal. Your money will grow, over time, at a greater rate than anything the current system can deliver -- and your account will provide money for retirement over and above the check you will receive from Social Security."

George W. Bush, State of the Union Address, Feb 2, 2005
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    If CNN does it, I wonder just how many other polls are doing it as well? It wouldn't surprise me if the majority are doing this as well.
    They have changed the weighting of the polls to favor the Democrats by about ten percent.
    They all did this to make it appear that the so called Progressives were winning when they are not.

Polling has become a dirty word and in most cases are very inaccurate but it gives the liberals some small straws to hold on too !

The longer this goes on the more people can see what an Obama presidency will look like and I expect the people voting to strip some flesh from the liberal Democrats asses in this election after their retirement savings have all gone down the tube
    !

"Iraq poses a serious and mounting threat to our country. His regime has the design for a nuclear weapon, was working on several different methods of enriching uranium, and recently was discovered seeking significant quantities of uranium from Africa."

Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 1/29/03

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    They have changed the weighting of the polls to favor the Democrats by about ten percent.
    They all did this to make it appear that the so called Progressives were winning when they are not.

Polling has become a dirty word and in most cases are very inaccurate but it gives the liberals some small straws to hold on too !

The longer this goes on the more people can see what an Obama presidency will look like and I expect the people voting to strip some flesh from the liberal Democrats asses in this election after their retirement savings have all gone down the tube
    !
    This is why I don't follow the polls and could care less what they say. Any pollster can design questioning that will reflect favorably or unfavorably towards people and policies. This is the nastiest election year I have personally seen and it's getting to point where I am not watching much TV. Many of our politicians on both sides have let us down, but I believe the democrats bear more responsibility for this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Vice President Cheney on Iraq:

"I really do believe that we will be greeted as liberators."

(Cheney, Meet the Press, 3/16/03)
    When were you in Iraq?

Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    When were you in Iraq?
    Non sequitur.

Quote Originally Posted by cat714 View Post
    This is why I don't follow the polls and could care less what they say. Any pollster can design questioning that will reflect favorably or unfavorably towards people and policies. This is the nastiest election year I have personally seen and it's getting to point where I am not watching much TV. Many of our politicians on both sides have let us down, but I believe the democrats bear more responsibility for this mess.
    It's a well documented fact that the Liberal Congress and liberal Administrations under Carter and Clinton caused all of this to gain new voters.

Barney Fag And Dodd protected Fannie and Freddie while Clinton's White House budget director Franklin Raines, took home more than $52 million while he was chief executive from 1999 to 2004, according to Equilar data.

Here read this for more information that the Far Left MSM won't report !
    http://www.gop.com/Print/?Guid=82d81...7bc8ec&pg=news