Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 N.C. town under fire for ‘White History Month’ parade sign 
    A town in North Carolina, Hope Mills, is drawing heat for one of its Fourth of July parade floats that touted this placard: “White History Month.”

Following that sign was another, “HUG WTE PPL,” taken to mean “hug white people,” WNCN-TV reported.

A couple of other parade entries came under fire, too, for sending perceived racist messages, albeit more subtly. Two tractors in the parade were displaying large Confederate battle flags; another pulled a trailer filled with watermelons; others bore signs with the words “I didn’t vote for Obama” and “God loves rednecks,” the television station reported.

Parks and recreation officials in charge of the parade have received complaints, The Blaze reported. And so has the town’s mayor. But the tractors pulling the watermelons and bearing the Confederate flags have been in past parades, WNCN-TV reported.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2YTjfc8ZH
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I don't get the watermelons.

Hey, if they have a Black History Month, then they should also have a White History Month. Why is it that black people can be as racist as they want to white people, but then get all in a huff when something so stupid those floats is done? Everything that a white person does is racist to a black person, plain and simple.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

The watermelons were a bit much, the white history month is no big deal.
    Their group politics were being mocked and some people can't handle the truth.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The watermelons were a bit much, the white history month is no big deal.
    Their group politics were being mocked and some people can't handle the truth.
    Watermelon and the Fourth is like fried oyster sandwiches and the fireman's carnival.

A town in North Carolina, Hope Mills, is drawing heat for one of its Fourth of July parade floats that touted this placard: “White History Month.”

Following that sign was another, “HUG WTE PPL,” taken to mean “hug white people,” WNCN-TV reported.

A couple of other parade entries came under fire, too, for sending perceived racist messages, albeit more subtly. Two tractors in the parade were displaying large Confederate battle flags; another pulled a trailer filled with watermelons; others bore signs with the words “I didn’t vote for Obama” and “God loves rednecks,” the television station reported.

Parks and recreation officials in charge of the parade have received complaints, The Blaze reported. And so has the town’s mayor. But the tractors pulling the watermelons and bearing the Confederate flags have been in past parades, WNCN-TV reported.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2YTjfc8ZH
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

I remember posting this Banner" aka Graphic...on several of the delphi forums a few years ago.The banner was not at all well received nor evidently understood in certain quarters.

It was meant to draw attention to the divisiveness of having any race's history being made SPECIAL.

I'e know a few special people...but never a Special-American

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I don't get the watermelons.
    Seriously. I'm white and LOVE watermelon.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I thought nearly anything outside of Black history was white history. At least you would think that from our history books.

It's sort of like making a big deal out of a blue sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I thought nearly anything outside of Black history was white history. At least you would think that from our history books.

It's sort of like making a big deal out of a blue sky.
    Having a Black history month is embarrassing, history is history no matter who the players are.
    One month of the year We make this seem as though we have to comb the history books to find something blacks have accomplished and then it has to be an accomplishment on the left side of the political spectrum or it doesn't count.
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 07-09-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Having a Black history month is embarrassing, history is history no matter who the players are.
    One month of the year We make this seem as though we have to comb the history books to find something blacks have accomplished and then it has to be an accomplishment on the left side of the political spectrum or it doesn't count.
    One would think! That is if one were to think. If a large segment of the population has been trained to FEEL...and assume that to be thought on the other hand..that becomes problematic.

Ebbarassment requires some awareness of whats going on.

the big lie lives on and on and on