1. #1 Firecracker cakelettes for the 4th! 
    Boy do I hate baking! But I saw these while surfin the web and they looked difficult so I said what the hey, I'll do it! Made a mess. Had a triumph and had a disaster. I laughed, I cried.... only kidding!
    To start one of my granddaughters cannot have any gluten, so right off the bat, OK need to make two batches, For the first batch I used a gluten free yellow cake batter, no one carried the white cake mix.

1 box white cake mix
    4 egg whites
    1/2 cup oil
    1/2 cup water
    1 cup sour cream
    Red and blue food coloring
    3 packages Pop Rocks candy
    strawberry licorice ropes
    White frosting (less than 1/4 cup)

Mix white cake mix, egg whites, oil, water and sour cream for three to four minutes on medium speed. Split cake batter into three equal amounts, adding red and blue food coloring to two of the portions. Coat three, 4 x 9-inch bread pans with cooking spray and lightly flour the bottoms. Add the three batters to the pans and bake at 350 degrees F for 18-23 minutes. Allow them to cool and remove from pans.

I used 8x8 cake tins and split the batter into thirds and added red dye to one and blue dye to the other.

When the cakes were done I took them out and let them cool. Next I took 1.5 inch round cutter and cut out a bunch of rounds the a 1/2" cutter and cut out the middles, I then put the red middles back in, I wasn't thinking!

Then you assemble them, red on the bottom then pipe some white frosting on it and put the white cake on then frosting then the blue cake. then you take the blue plugs from the blue cake rounds and push a tooth pick thru.Take a piece of your strawberry twizzler and stick it in as a fuse!

You don,t want to add the pop rocks until just serving, the moisture in the cake will pop them off! So just before serving, fill the center with pop rocks and put your plugs with the fuse back in and serve them up! The kids loved them!!
    The disaster was when I doubled the cake recipe with regular cake mix and used bigger pand. The cakes came out way too moist and too thick to do anything with them. Me and the wife have alot of cake to eat!!!

Kids!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

It looks like the kids thought they were great.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg