Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Sarah Palin considering 2014 US Senate run 
    Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin expressed her interest Tuesday in the U.S. Senate seat currently occupied by fellow Alaskan, Democratic Sen. Mark Begich.

In an appearance on Sean Hannity’s radio show, the 2008 vice-presidential nominee elaborated on the prospect of her leaving the Republican Party to form a third party, something she hinted at late last month in an appearance on Fox News.

“Well, [leaving the GOP is] certainly not my first choice,” Palin replied. “The Republican Party is the party of [Abraham] Lincoln and [Ronald] Reagan, and the planks in the platform are right for this country. I stand strong on those planks. I just wish that more of our leadership — the movers and shakers within the party, would stand strong on those planks with the rest of us — those who want to stop Barack Obama’s transformation of America, and the way we do that is by staying true to our principles.”

She explained that Begich is one of the politicians that should be replaced, and confirmed that she is considering a run for his seat.

“I’ve considered it because people have requested me considering it,” she said. “But I’m still waiting to see what the line-up will be and hoping that, there again, there will be some new blood, some new energy, not just kind of picking from the same old politicians in the state that come from political families that have sort of reigned up there for so many years, because too many of them have been part of the problem. But I’m glad you brought that up because Sen. Mark Begich has got to be replaced. He has not done what he has promised to do for the people of Alaska and that was to represent what it is that the nation needs in terms of energy development and so many other natural resource development issues that are near and dear to Alaskans’ heart. Because he is on the wrong side of the aisle, he has to go along to get along with his Democratic leadership, and that’s a shame.”

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/09/sa...us-senate-run/

Run Sarah Run!
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Senate terms are 6 years. She quit the governor's job after 2.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Which one? She had three.

You libs are so stupid in your obsession about that. Like she was the first governor to ever do that.

Just goes to show how willing you are to replace actual critical thought with someone else's hate generated meme.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Palin resigned because liberals had abused the ethics process, generating bogus charges which required her to incur legal costs which were not refundable, and which became a distraction from her job. Here is an excerpt from her resignation speech, in which she addresses the reasons for her resignation:

Political operatives descended on Alaska last August, digging for dirt. The ethics law that I championed became their weapon of choice. Over the past nine months, I've been accused of all sorts of frivolous ethics violations, such as holding a fish in a photograph or wearing a jacket with a logo on it and answering reporter's questions. Every one of these, though, all 15 of the ethics complaints have been dismissed. We have won, but it hasn't been cheap.

The state has wasted thousands of hours of your time and shelled out some 2 million of your dollars to respond to opposition research. And that's money that's not going to fund teachers or troopers or safer roads.

And this political absurdity, the politics of personal destruction, Todd and I, we're looking at more than half a million dollars in legal bills just in order to set the record straight.

And what about the people who offer up these silly accusations? It doesn't cost them a dime, so they're not going to stop draining the public resources, spending other people's money in this game. They won't stop. It's pretty insane.

My staff and I spend most of our day, we're dealing with this stuff instead of progressing our state now. And I know that I promised no more politics as usual, but this isn't what anyone had in mind for Alaska.
    But wait, there's more, from http://www.mrltavern.com/2013/07/the...uit-meme.html:

See, when you actually look at the evidence of what happened and the circumstances surrounding it. When you look into who was involved it goes high up to people in the Obama administration. Peter Rouse all the way down to the idiot in her living room filing false charges on her. Then you will come to realize that this was revenge and a coordinated effort to destroy a woman who basically was the only force standing in the way of an Obama presidency in 2008.

So what happened? Well, Sarah Palin returns home and the people who were working with her to pass major legislation, now won’t even work with her to pass basic, simple legislation. Here was a woman who worked with both sides of aisle. And then she comes home after the campaign, the republicans didn’t want to know her because she was never a GOP party girl. They never really got over what she did to Frank Murkowski. And the democrats didn’t want to know her because they were being pressured not to by Peter Rouse and the Obama administration.

Here you had Sarah Palin, a good governor with historic approval ratings. And so this small group of Alinsky leftists in Alaska, they couldn’t attack her policies because they were sound. She worked with both sides to pave the way for great success for the state of Alaska. She cut the budget by a billion dollars. She increased revenue by over a billion dollars-- a two billion dollar net gain to the people of Alaska. She passed legislation that basically no other governor in the history of the state could pass for decades. She was probably one of the most transformative governors in the history of that state.

She was not just popular, she was historically popular. And so when you go to attack someone like that, you begin to work on their negatives. Here you have an honest woman—who isn’t in the pockets of Big Oil companies and special interests—and who remained exceptionally clean throughout her career. Remember, one of the hallmarks of her rise to power was that she promised to reform ethics and clean up Alaskan politics and government. And she did.

So how did these people dirty this clean politician known as Sarah Palin? Well, they filed countless false ethics charges in order to make her seem unethical to citizens of Alaska. And these leftists did it until the people started to question whether or not she was unethical. In Alaska, there are no limitations on how many ethics complaints can be filed against the Governor. Most of these ethics filings were not being done in good faith, and like I’ve said in a previous segment about this, it was lawfare. It was an abuse of the legal system in Alaska by a bunch of Obama supporting leftist trolls.

It was an organized strategy, from top to bottom, to gain headlines and the media, of course, went along with it. Ethics filing on the front page. The story about it being thrown out for being ridiculous and lacking merit was put in the back pages.

What is worse and disgusting about this whole thing, and this just goes to show you how the depraved minds on the left work. This was done not only to harass her out of office. They did this to bankrupt her and her family. They knew she wasn’t rich. The Palins and the Heaths were not “of money” like the Murkowski dynasty. So, she was not only targeted for political destruction. They targeted her for financial destruction as well. They wanted her and her family destitute. And she refused to play by that play book and help them destroy her and her family and so she resigned.

So now you know. And for those who do not like it when interjects herself or causes a political stir, just remember, if you didn’t try to destroy her, if you didn’t force her out of her job, she might’ve been still there, very happy, and not causing the trouble for you, on both sides, that she’s doing now. I told you this before…the left and the Beltway RINO types created this Frankenstein monster for themselves.
    This was pure vindictiveness, as well as a blatant abuse of process. The end result is the meme of Palin as a quitter, which you have repeated several times, without acknowledging the disgraceful conduct on the part of the Democratic Party's operatives that forced her out. The meme is low and dishonest, and we've come to expect it from the kinds of liberals who don't care about anything but destroying their enemies, but we expected better of you. I guess that you aren't any different from the rest of them after all.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

She wussed out and wasn't up for the fight. Plus, Rupert Murdoch pays better.

She's a terrible candidate.

That right there is all the endorsement we need as to why she SHOULD run.

Look Ralph, she not only took the ball, she ran with it for a touchdown!
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Wow. Just amazing.

The "fight" was a concerted effort, using all of the resources of the Democratic Party and the media (which is actually one of those resources) to harass and bankrupt Palin and her family through the abuse of a process which was supposed to protect the people from corruption. Faced with over half a million dollars in legal fees already incurred in defending herself against baseless charges, with no end in sight, Palin had the option of spending every waking moment raising money to fight the slanders and abusive filings, neglecting her duties as governor, or resigning and sparing herself and her constituents the consequences of endless litigation over nothing. I'm amazed that you blithely dismiss the abuse of state power to destroy someone for no reason except personal enmity. As I said, I used to think that you were better than that, but if you accept this kind of corrupt abuse of power because it is used to target someone that you dislike, then you really aren't any different from the rest of the libtards who see the state as their personal weapon.

You really disappoint me.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Liberals hate Palin because of how she tells it like it is. They are also jealous because she is ten times hotter than ANY liberal moonbat mushmooting feminize out there.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Personally, I was hoping the GOP would get her to run for President in 2016. It would ensure a democratic victory, especially if Hillary is the Dem nominee. Hillary would tear Sarah apart in the debates.

She could win the seat in Alaska, but that doesn't really say very much about Alaska's voters if she does.

She can't take back that Katie Couric interview. You can say it was a set up all you want, but everyone who didn't see it in 2008 will get the chance to see it again.

The GOP can do better than her.