1. #1 Hollywood Lib Asks Director If Spider-Man Can Be Gay In Next Film… 
    Hollywood Lib Asks Director If Spider-Man Can Be Gay In Next Film…

Andrew Garfield has loved Spider-Man since he was a little kid. He can speak eloquently and at length about how open the Spider-verse is for interpretation. Recently, he says, he had a philosophical discussion with producer Matt Tolmach about Mary Jane or “MJ” to fans. “I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ,” he tells EW. “And I was like, ‘What if MJ is a dude?’ Why can’t we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality? It’s hardly even groundbreaking!…So why can’t he be gay? Why can’t he be into boys?”

Garfield even has an actor in mind: “I’ve been obsessed with Michael B. Jordan since The Wire. He’s so charismatic and talented. It’d be even better—we’d have interracial bisexuality!” The star has clearly suggested a sexually flexible Spidey to his director, Marc Webb, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Hollywood Lib Asks Director If Spider-Man Can Be Gay In Next Film…

“And I was like, ‘What if MJ is a dude?’ Why can’t we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality? It’s hardly even groundbreaking!…So why can’t he be gay? Why can’t he be into boys?”
    Because the character isn't gay, never has been, never showed any inclination towards it, and because it would alienate the audience and fan base. Joel Schumacher's subtle hints at Batman and Robin being gay damned-near killed the franchise after two successful movies, and that only entailed a few visual cues and camp elements.

Just stick to the script, idiot.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

You think we are saturated with gay now just wait. Now that they think the doors are wide open for gay marriage everywhere they will load up sit-coms, movies and all media with as many gays as they can find that can memorize a line.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Spiderman likes to play dress-up and he gets tingly all the time. Sounds ghey to me.
    Be Not Afraid.

When they make him a Mohammed impersonator, let me know. That would be the "edgy" that Hollywood thinks it already is.

What a bunch of toolbags.
    Be Not Afraid.

I don't know-when I was a new worker in 1987, one of the training materials I was given was a special Spiderman edition in which he tells a child who has been victimized by sexual abuse about his own childhood experience of having been sexually abused, and he convinces the kid to report it.

Then again, the official view of the NASW and all similar organizations of people who work in counseling types of fields is that childhood sexual abuse does not cause homosexuality in adult survivors.

Spiderman is about a hero emerging when people need one. It's not about social issues. Now, I'd be all down with it if he saved the next Mathew Shepard in one scene and then they went on to the rest of the story.

Or how about Batman and Superman get together just to piss off a stuck up Lois Lane? j/k

Admit it guys, how many of you think Clark Kent can do better than Lois Lane in most of these stories? Just sayin.