Veteran area Congressman John He said he is confident that, with a few changes, the Wall Street bailout plan will pass significantly later this week.

Murtha voted for the financial rescue plan on Monday, and on Tuesday he held a news conference to weigh in on the crisis.

Via videoconference with local media and district offices, Murtha said he will stay in Washington, D.C., in case he's needed.

Murtha said his office has been deluged with phone calls about the issue, 50 to one against what his constituents call a bailout for Wall Street. He said the plane goes way beyond that, and assured taxpayers that "the party is over for Wall Street."

Murtha said the plan puts safeguards, regulations and oversight in place that will stop Wall Street excesses, cap high salaries, and help stabilized the market.

On Monday, $1 trillion was lost in the stock market's dive.

"People are scared. They're worried. Their pension funds are at stake. Their 401(k)s, their money market funds are at stake. So this is the most serious crisis I can remember since I've been here," Murtha said.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/17590134/detail.html

Comments:
Well, if it's good enough for Nancy, Murtha and Barney Fag, its good enough for me...
It is obvious that Nazi Pelosi never intended for the plan to pass. RATS in vulnerable districts were encouraged to vote against it.
With the MSM totally in the tank for the RATS, the Sheeple will buy the bull.

Sorry. I cannot process this information.

Every time I hear the name “Murtha” I can go no further, because I instantly and automatically think “noose”.
“He said he is confident that, with a few changes, the Wall Street bailout plan will pass significantly “

What, Murtha, with all the pork and perks to ACORN put back in?! May God remove you from your seat on November 4, you traitorous scum!
So this is the most serious crisis I can remember since I've been here," Murtha said.
Seems the despicable, corrupt old fool has forgotten ABSCAM.

Maybe he could explain why he said in a public venue that our Marines were MURDERERS.

Murtha needs to just STFU. We're in no mood! Too many people are becoming aware of THIS .
dear congress - don’t do us n o more favors. since your bailout failed the dollar is up and consumer confidence is up. the market hasn’t gone belly up either. cool your jets boy!
The market will recover from this adjustment.
It always does if the sticky fingers of Congress stay out of it.