1. #1 Today I walked through my mother's community 
    link
    Star Member Happyhippychick (5,755 posts)

Today I walked through my mother's community and saw a neighborhood watch person
    Not kidding. I'm visiting my mom in suburban NY and I went for my daily walk, I wandered up the street and into a gated section of the community. The guard didn't glance my way. I walked up to the house and asked if it was okay for me to walk around and he said "absolutely!"

The irony of it hit me. I'm a skinny white woman, late 40's. über priveleged.

I turned around. But not before I commented to the guard about how lucky I am that I can walk through a strange neighborhood and not have to worry about being shot. It doesn't feel right and it's not fair. The guard was black and he looked so sad when I pointed it out.

I was so struck by the parallel I wanted to share.
    What kind of stupid does hippychick have to be to claim that the reason she could walk around (supposedly without being killed??) is simply because she's a "skinny white woman, late 40's. über priveleged"?

Ummmm....it's daytime.......she announced herself and ASKED if she could walk around....it's not raining and she doesn't claim to be looking at the windows.....in a development with multiple burglaries in the recent months. I don't see anywhere in the OP where she states that she punched anyone either. That MIGHT make a difference in her reception as well.

DU liberal women are sure self loathing....and stupid as hell.

Not to mention smug about how multicultured, self depreciating, and politically correct she is.

Power CUer
    She was able to walk around unmolested because the neighborhood was a safe one. I dare hippy chick to walk through the streets of Compton and see how long she remains "privileged".

There may be other woman in the neighborhood that just come in and walk around on occasion, I wonder how she was dressed?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

4. #4 Let her dumb ass walk around south Dallas tonight.... 
    Tomorrow she can post as Almost Beaten To Death Or Worse Hippy Chick. If she's ever seen again.
    "Asakatsu Magatsu"

True victory is victory over oneself.

~ Morihei Ueshiba O-Sensei ~

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    What a pure bullshit
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    What a pure bullshit
    She may have walked into the community but it wasn't her mothers and she was probably hooking.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The comments in that thread are pathetic.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link

What kind of stupid does hippychick have to be to claim that the reason she could walk around (supposedly without being killed??) is simply because she's a "skinny white woman, late 40's. über priveleged"?

Ummmm....it's daytime.......she announced herself and ASKED if she could walk around....it's not raining and she doesn't claim to be looking at the windows.....in a development with multiple burglaries in the recent months. I don't see anywhere in the OP where she states that she punched anyone either. That MIGHT make a difference in her reception as well.

DU liberal women are sure self loathing....and stupid as hell.

Not to mention smug about how multicultured, self depreciating, and politically correct she is.
    I live near the gate of Pasadena Yacht and Country Club. As long as you are in a pick up and have a lawn mower the guard will wave you through.