link

Perez Pradosky (15 posts)

Report: Teen arrested over Zimmerman tweet
Source: Orlando Sentinel

A 15-year-old boy has been arrested after authorities say he tweeted out a threat to commit a "mass homicide" if George Zimmerman is found not guilty in the death of Trayvon Martin, according to the Lake County News-Sun.The since-deleted tweet, which came from@mark12394995, read “If Zimmmerman free imma shoot everybody in Zion causing a mass homicide, and ill get away wit it just like Zimmerman.”

Read more: Http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...0,469615.story
Several say what he tweeted is wrong and the police were right to take notice of it, but of course some.....
Star Member totodeinhere (6,923 posts)
7. This sort of thing is always blown out of proportion and exploited by the right wing.

I wish that people would think it through before they make comments like that that only play right into the hands of the right wing. I can understand the frustration but lashing out and threatening violence, whether it's a serious threat or not, is not the answer.
Snake Plissken (76 posts)
10. The handful of people who pay attention to the political tweets of 15 year olds

Have already made up their minds a long time ago, they are just looking to confirm their beliefs, and that goes for people on both sides of the isle
Snake Plissken (76 posts)
8. A 15 year old kid looking for attention on the internet

big shocker

I guess his fart lighting videos on youtube weren't getting him enough comments
Maybe. Maybe not.
DallasNE (3,198 posts)
9. Anfother Example Of The Police State

Don't the police have anything better to do than to monitor what people are tweeting or posting to Facebook? Do the police want to arrest every 15 year old boy with a little swagger? I am far more bothered by the excessive police surveillance this demonstrates than I am with the rant of a 15 year old. The kid makes a good point but makes a mistake by personalizing it. After all, if Zimmerman walks we have the blueprint for legalized murder.
Lee-Lee (69 posts)
12. I doubt it is the police

It is either someone he knows, or their parents, or more likely it is one of what are probably hundreds of right wingers just searching every twitter post with #zimmerman on it to try and find the few idiots they can use to try and portray everyone with dark skin as violent savages ready to riot. Reporting it and getting an arrest just serves to validate their narrative even more to the fools that believe them.
DallasNE (3,198 posts)
14. It Is The Police Making The Arrest

It is the same lack of judgment driving the decision whether it is them doing the actual surveillance or some stooge doing it in their behalf.
Anyone think their response would have been different if the quote "if Zimmerman free" instead said "if Zimmerman convicted" or "if Zimmerman locked up"?