Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 DOJ TO INVESTIGATE ZIMMERMAN FOR FEDERAL CIVIL RIGHTS CHARGES 

On Sunday afternoon, the Obama Department of Justice announced that it would pursue investigation into George Zimmerman. That announcement came just hours after Zimmerman was acquitted for second-degree murder and manslaughter in the killing of Trayvon Martin, and within one day of the NAACP calling on the DOJ for an investigation.

Here is the Department of Justice statement in full:

As the Department first acknowledged last year, we have an open investigation into the death of Trayvon Martin. The Department of Justice’s Criminal Section of the Civil Rights Division, the United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation continue to evaluate the evidence generated during the federal investigation, as well as the evidence and testimony from the state trial. Experienced federal prosecutors will determine whether the evidence reveals a prosecutable violation of any of the limited federal criminal civil rights statutes within our jurisdiction, and whether federal prosecution is appropriate in accordance with the Department’s policy governing successive federal prosecution following a state trial.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...gate-Zimmerman
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Power CUer
    So now the Justice Department can investigate private citizens on whatever cause suits them?

Obama is the law, plain simple and matter of fact.If your little courts don't produce the specified results Obama will get them one way or another. This is the man of Whom John McCain said we had nothing to worry about.
    if you think the supreme court will help in anyway remember these infamous words spoken by our chief Justice John Roberts: "It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.”
    Congress hasn't exactly been a stellar example of the division of power either.
    Elect a dictator and your fucked.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I think Breitbart is getting spoofed on this. I can find no reference to this anywhere else, most particularly on the DOJ website.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    So now the Justice Department can investigate private citizens on whatever cause suits them?
    That became pretty clear the day Holder took the top job.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    That became pretty clear the day Holder took the top job.
    We are now in a totalitarian society and not a nation of laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    I think Breitbart is getting spoofed on this. I can find no reference to this anywhere else, most particularly on the DOJ website.
    I hope to hell you are right, I was so hoping this was behind us and we could concentrate on the dismantling of the country again.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I hope to hell you are right, I was so hoping this was behind us and we could concentrate on the dismantling of the country again.
    Huffington: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3595835.html

WASHINGTON -- The Justice Department says it is looking into the shooting death of Trayvon Martin to determine whether federal prosecutors should file criminal civil rights charges now that George Zimmerman has been acquitted in the state case.

The department opened an investigation into Martin's death last year but stepped aside to allow the state prosecution to proceed.

In a statement Sunday, the Justice Department said the criminal section of the civil rights division, the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's office for the Middle District of Florida are continuing to evaluate the evidence generated during the federal probe, in addition to the evidence and testimony from the state trial.

The statement said that, in the government's words, "experienced federal prosecutors will determine whether the evidence reveals a prosecutable violation."

How does an administration completely buried in scandal have any credibility to investigate a private citizen who has been tried already by a court and found innocent.
    I realize that by talking out of both sides of your mouth at the same time that you can explain away double jeopardy but when you scrape away the heaping steaming pile of shit that is exactly what you have, trying a man for the same crime multiple times until you finally get something to stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Ny Daily News is reporting the same thing.

George Zimmerman verdict: Department of Justice to revive investigation into Trayvon Martin civil rights violation as protesters take to streets

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1398369