Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Are there any other washed up acts that haven't been touring for decades boycotting FL?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Are there any other washed up acts that haven't been touring for decades boycotting FL?
    I've heard that Barry Manilow will refuse to play the Pleasant Acres Rest Home in Cape Coral, but that probably stems from his resentment from being refused entry to that particular home.

I also heard that C. Thomas Howell is now refusing to be the lounge act at the Holiday Inn in Jupiter. That's just a rumor, though.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Hey, I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm glad Stevie doesn't carry guns.
    I don't think he should be picked on. He disagrees with the verdict and is boycotting because of it. He's not getting violent. He's not encouraging racism. He's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I don't think he should be picked on. He disagrees with the verdict and is boycotting because of it. He's not getting violent. He's not encouraging racism. He's cool.
    Have you ever wondered why they have braille on drive by ATM's?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I suppose somebody can drive a blind person to an atm.

No he's not. He's passing judgement on an entire state and its residents on a law that wasn't even used a defense in the case. That alone makes him an incredible doosh.

If anyone had any sac they'd tell him "good, stay the F out too".
    Be Not Afraid.

Because it's the same machine as a walk-up ATM, it's just installed at the level of a seated driver.

Hey, I like him.
    I liked him too, when he didn't presume to lecture the rest of us. He's no longer relevant, musically or politically, and his boycott will have the impact of a spitball against a battleship.

Why boycott the whole state? Does he assume that everyone in Florida agrees with the verdict of a local court? Can he even make the case that the local community supports the verdict? Or that if so, it is out of racism, rather than the evidence? He's making assumptions based on his prejudices about an entire state, or as the supporters of Trayvon might call it, profiling.

How ironic that Stevie Wonder doesn't get the concept of blind justice.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Because it's the same machine as a walk-up ATM, it's just installed at the level of a seated driver.
    Now that makes sense. But why to 7/11 stores have locks on the door if they never close?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    No he's not. He's passing judgement on an entire state and its residents on a law that wasn't even used a defense in the case. That alone makes him an incredible doosh.

If anyone had any sac they'd tell him "good, stay the F out too".
    He has a right to his opinion and to choose where he performs. I doubt people would be all in a huff if he boycotted Florida for a conservative reason.