Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Okay, that's cool. At least that's a legal, non-violent thing to do. I can respect that even though I don't agree with it.
    its likely more productive than sitting on the couch eating and watching TV at the very least!

Well, DAT stole my thunder. I was about to ask how he would know.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

How can Stand Your Ground be an issue in this case? Wasn't Zimmerman on bottom, getting his ass kicked at the time? Standing your ground had nothing to do with it. With the situation he was in, he couldn't flee.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    How can Stand Your Ground be an issue in this case? Wasn't Zimmerman on bottom, getting his ass kicked at the time? Standing your ground had nothing to do with it. With the situation he was in, he couldn't flee.
    Not to mention he didn't even use that in the defense. People forget that.

I think we have a similar law in Michigan, Stevie's home state. I'm sure he lives in CA now, but he grew up in Saginaw.

Well, as it's already been pointed out, Stevie Blunder - the wonderful has-been in R&B pop - is getting tired of gigging anyway, so he's just pointing out an excuse to slow down and smell the coffee.

Especially since he can't see it.

Stevie makes plenty of royalty money from his compositions. He doesn't need to gig.

Waitaminute. Stevie's got roadies. And managers. And a stage crew. And lighting and sound techs. And probably a friggin' bus driver.

Stevie's got people to pay.

Does Stevie do EBT?

U.S. Army, Retired

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think we have a similar law in Michigan, Stevie's home state. I'm sure he lives in CA now, but he grew up in Saginaw.

I remember Little Stevie Wonder. I too grew up in Michigan..Flint Michigan to be precise

Little Stevie Wonders career had just gotten underway and tickets to his first big concert at the IMA Audtorium In FLint were being sold exclusively....at a public elementary school.

I drove to the elementary school to buy a pair of tickets...and discovered Lil Stevie In the Gymnasium at the Piano wearing a Harmonica in a "holder" around his neck playing a free impromptu concert for ths schoolkids!!

yes it was a predominantly black elementary school but in those days....I didnt stick out like a sore thumb and was able to enjoy several minutes of that little concert before going on my way.

"weve come a long waya baby" and in the last few decades....its all been down hill

This from a man who hasn't had a hit since the mid 80's. Not knocking his music, some of it I like. But come on, he needs to chill. .. So many artist are so stupid - And should just shut up and sing. Who cares about what they think. Him not performing in states that have the law will just hurt him in the long run, and he will be playing there in a couple of months again anyhow.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

I'm glad Stevie doesn't carry guns.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Call someone who gives a......