Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Anthea Butler, Associate Professor of Religious Studies: God is a white racist 

By Tami Jackson
    Just when you think you’ve heard it all, Anthea Butler, Associate Professor of Religious Studies at the University of Pennsylvania, claimed that “America’s God” is a white racist in her July 14 editorial.

Professor Butler wrote at ReligionDispatches.org:

The not guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman case has me thinking a lot about a book I first encountered in seminary, Is God a White Racist?, by the Rev. Dr. Bill Jones. As a budding seminary student, it took me by surprise. Now, as a wiser, older professor looking at the needless death of Trayvon Martin, I have to say: I get it.

God ain’t good all of the time. In fact, sometimes, God is not for us. As a black woman in an nation that has taken too many pains to remind me that I am not a white man, and am not capable of taking care of my reproductive rights, or my voting rights, I know that this American god ain’t my god. As a matter of fact, I think he’s a white racist god with a problem. More importantly, he is carrying a gun and stalking young black men.

When George Zimmerman told Sean Hannity that it was God’s will that he shot and killed Trayvon Martin, he was diving right into what most good conservative Christians in America think right now. Whatever makes them protected, safe, and secure, is worth it at the expense of the black and brown people they fear.

Their god is the god that wants to erase race, make everyone act “properly” and respect, as the president said, “a nation of laws”; laws that they made to crush those they consider inferior.

When the laws were never made for people who were considered, constitutionally, to be three-fifths of a person, I have to ask: Is this just? Is it right? Is God the old white male racist looking down from white heaven, ready to bless me if I just believe the white men like Rick Perry who say the Zimmerman case has nothing to do with race?

You already know the answer: No.

What poppycock. This professor questions the nature of God predicated upon a verdict with which she disagrees? Anthea Butler has the audacity to surmise what’s in the hearts and minds of millions of Americans of faith. What Bible is this woman reading — the Gospel according to Rev. Jeremiah Wright?

Read More>http://theblacksphere.net/2013/07/un...-white-racist/

We are being saturated with this new school brilliance lately.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Heard Rush talking about her today. He read some of her writings exactly as written. All I can say is Linda #'s wouldn't be pleased. She's one step above that "star witness" in the Trayvon case with her skills with the English language.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Heard Rush talking about her today. He read some of her writings exactly as written. All I can say is Linda #'s wouldn't be pleased. She's one step above that "star witness" in the Trayvon case with her skills with the English language.
    We are just entirely too old school SLW, we can't see all this hidden wisdom in this new school gibberish.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    We are just entirely too old school SLW, we can't see all this hidden wisdom in this new school gibberish.
    Someone who's NEW school can't even decipher this garbage, I'm 22 and it's like nails on a chalk board when I read ebonics or "youth" language.

Just can't resist giving this the SR red bracketed treatment!

God ain’t good all of the time. (Says you.) In fact, sometimes, God is not for us. As a black (make that ... liberal fool of a) woman in an nation that has taken too many pains to remind me that I am not a white man, (a clue to your gender might be if you stand or sit to "piddle") and am not capable of taking care of my reproductive rights, or my voting rights, I know that this American god ain’t my god. (Sweetheart ... you are barely capable of puting 2 thoughts together ... let alone 2 coherent ones!) As a matter of fact, I think he’s a white racist god with a problem. More importantly, he is carrying a gun and stalking young black men. (My goodness! Now you really ARE delusional and I am finished with you darlin')
    ~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    This Anthea Butler is exactly what Rush described, a Left Wing NutJob that fills the "Kook" slot
    for the Skool.

Someone like this should be laughed at but I bet she's considered a deep thinker.
    May the FORCE be with you!

[IMG]

God ain’t good all of the time. In fact, sometimes, God is not for us. As a black woman in an nation that has taken too many pains to remind me that I am not a white man, and am not capable of taking care of my reproductive rights, or my voting rights, I know that this American god ain’t my god. As a matter of fact, I think he’s a white racist god with a problem. More importantly, he is carrying a gun and stalking young black men.
    And this is exactly why you can't have intelligent discussions with leftists. How the hell do you respond to something like this? And this person is in a position where she teaches young people and preparing them for the real world. How can she do that when she isn't living in the real world?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

She's just angry that God gave her that hair.

We are being saturated with this new school brilliance lately.
    theres a BOOK listed on Amazon purportedly written by this freak

Its on SARAH PALINS Spirituality....but it hasnt been released yet... and isnt scheduled to BE so.... until AUGUST...2014

The only race that God favors over others is the human race (well, perhaps there are other races on other planets that hold an equal footing, but for this post, I'll assume we're alone in the universe).

If people looked at everybody as human beings instead of black, female, or any other minority, then perhaps they could see why some might disagree about the Martin case. Trayvon Martin was a human being and so is George Zimmerman.