Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    The only race that God favors over others is the human race (well, perhaps there are other races on other planets that hold an equal footing, but for this post, I'll assume we're alone in the universe).
    Spoken to the Jews: “For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers” Deuteronomy 7:6-8
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Spoken to the Jews: “For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers” Deuteronomy 7:6-8
    Oh goodness, let's not stir that pot. The Jews were chosen to be a light onto the nations. Out of all the cultures on earth, they worshiped false gods the least. It was made clear through the book of Jonah and all throughout the New Testament that God doesn't love Gentiles any less.

Besides, Jews are not a race. They're a culture.

Jews, yet another minority that does very well for themselves and don't make excuses. I'm sure a few of them do, but for the most part they don't use injustice to excuse crappy behavior.

Oh goodness, let's not stir that pot. The Jews were chosen to be a light onto the nations. Out of all the cultures on earth, they worshiped false gods the least. It was made clear through the book of Jonah and all throughout the New Testament that God doesn't love Gentiles any less.

Besides, Jews are not a race. They're a culture.

Jews, yet another minority that does very well for themselves and don't make excuses. I'm sure a few of them do, but for the most part they don't use injustice to excuse crappy behavior.
    Sure we do, but we excuse it in others. Liberal Jews will happily explain that the guy who mugged them was oppressed (not by them, of course, but by society), or that the Palestinians have every right to want to murder us (well, not them, because they're enlightened Jews, but Jews like me). Back in the day, they were the ones who believed that they were really going to get a shower before work made them free.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Sure we do, but we excuse it in others. Liberal Jews will happily explain that the guy who mugged them was oppressed (not by them, of course, but by society), or that the Palestinians have every right to want to murder us (well, not them, because they're enlightened Jews, but Jews like me). Back in the day, they were the ones who believed that they were really going to get a shower before work made them free.
    I think you've exaggerated a bit. I haven't heard any Jew make excuses for a mugger or a Palestinian that wants to murder. I think liberal Jews might sympathize with their situation more, but that doesn't mean they're excusing people.

I went to a pro-Israel event a while back at a synagogue. Some of those people were as liberal as you can get them outside of the Israel subject. I like them because they are very understanding and non-judgemental. They're still for defending themselves against Palestinians and others though.

So God is either David Duke, Tom Metzger, or Robert Byrd?
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Prof. who called God a white racist is angry at conservatives for noticing

You may have read one of our earlier posts about Professor Anthea Butler who called God a white racist in the wake of the Zimmerman trial verdict.

She wants you to know that she’s very upset that people heard what she said and dared to take issue with it.

Conservatives bashed me for speaking out about the Zimmerman verdict

Hours after the George Zimmerman verdict, I found myself at my computer, calling to mind a text I had first read in seminary. The text, Is God a White Racist, By Rev. Dr. William Jones, is still studied by theologians and academics and taught in institutes of higher learning. The book called into question the chief construction of black liberation theology: that God is on the side of the oppressed.

Jones’ thesis was simple: God wasn’t on the side of the oppressed, and that the tortured history of African Americans’ experience in America with slavery, violence and the civil rights proved it. The theme resonated with me as I sat down to write a piece reacting to the Zimmerman verdict for the online magazine Religion Dispatches. Little did I know that the book’s title alone would cause an avalanche of vitriol against me, my race, my institution – even my hair.

The screeds came via Twitter, email to myself and my university, conservative blogs, and – the coup de grace – Rush Limbaugh’s airways. The piece was hijacked and “repurposed” from its original meaning to show that I was a racist because I had dared to talk about race. I had dared to talk about an “American god”, which was clearly not GOD.

I think that she is wrong about God being a racist, white male and I think George Zimmerman was wrong to say essentially that it was God's will that he shot Trayvon Martin.

Just because I don't think that the government proved a 2nd degree murder case against Zimmerman doesn't mean that I don't think he could have handled the situation in a way that didn't end with a dead kid.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Just because I don't think that the government proved a 2nd degree murder case against Zimmerman doesn't mean that I don't think he could have handled the situation in a way that didn't end with a dead kid.
    You're assuming that Zimmerman was in control of the situation. I'm assuming he wasn't.

Remember, the famous "pursuit" was around 29 seconds during Zimmerman's call to non-emergency dispatch. Trayvon easily outran Zimmerman and disappeared. Almost 2 minutes later, at the end of that phone call, Zimmerman didn't know where Trayvon was. It was getting dark and it was raining. Zimmerman was audibly scared on that call, not wanting to give any personal information to dispatch because he thought Trayvon might be around.

The only way the two were able to meet again is if Trayvon re-emerged.

According to Rachel Jeantel, Trayvon had made it back to Brandy's house, which was on the furthest corner away from the initial site. You'd have to see a map--the homes were in a rectangle formation-- but Brandy's was definitely further away from the mailboxes (the initial site) than any other house in that block.

Trayvon was in control here. All he had to do was walk in the door to Brandy's and stay there. Zimmerman didn't have a clue where he was. Open the door, walk in. Lock the door. Hang out with Brandy's 14-year old son, Chad, who was playing video games at the time. (NBA game had not started yet.)

Instead, Trayvon returned to the site.

So, if you look at the actual facts (and not the media fantasy, created by Julison Communications, a PR firm) it looks like the person who could have handled in the situation in a way not to have a dead kid was Trayvon himself.

If people looked at everybody as human beings instead of black, female, or any other minority, then perhaps they could see why some might disagree about the Martin case. Trayvon Martin was a human being and so is George Zimmerman.
    If that happened then Liberalism would cease to exist. It would have lost it's purpose.

As for this professor...she's everything that is wrong with reace relations today.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    If that happened then Liberalism would cease to exist. It would have lost it's purpose.

As for this professor...she's everything that is wrong with reace relations today.
    That Dyson guy from Georgetown who's on BSNBC a lot is another example.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.