Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 DOJ wants your tips on Trayvon civil rights 
    Power CUer
    DOJ wants your tips on Trayvon civil rights

President Obama’s Department of Justice wants Americans’ tips on Trayvon Martin’s civil rights to build its federal case against George Zimmerman, the man acquitted of second-degree murder charges Saturday.

The DOJ is asking that all tips be sent to Sanford.florida@usdoj.gov.

Barbara Arnwine, president and executive director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, told the Orlando Sentinel the federal government is appealing to civil rights groups and community leaders to help build its case.

Tom Perez, assistant attorney general for the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department, held a conference call on the matter Monday afternoon.

Arnwine said FBI representatives and several federal prosecutors were also on the call, along with Sherrilyn Ifill, president and director-counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund; Laura Murphy, Washington chapter head of the ACLU; and several national, state and locally based “human relations” groups.

“They were calling on us to actively refer anyone who had any information,” she told the Sentinel. “They said they would very aggressively investigate this case.”

WND reported Monday that Attorney General Eric Holder vowed to launch a federal civil-rights investigation into the case against Zimmerman.

“Experienced federal prosecutors will determine whether the evidence reveals a prosecutable violation of any of the limited federal criminal civil rights statutes within our jurisdiction, and whether federal prosecution is appropriate,” the Justice Department said.

In a televised address, Holder said, “We must not, as we have too often in the past, let this opportunity pass. We are resolved, as you are, to combat violence involving or directed at young people to prevent future tragedies and to deal with the underlying attitudes, mistaken beliefs and stereotypes that serve as the basis for these too common incidents.”

“And we will never stop working to ensure that in every case, in every circumstance and in every community,” he concluded, “justice must be done.”

Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., and other House Democrats called a press conference Monday to urge the department to “conduct an immediate and thorough investigation,” and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is pressuring the DOJ to continue its probe by posting a petition on the website MoveOn.org.

“The most fundamental of civil rights – the right to life – was violated the night George Zimmerman stalked and then took the life of Trayvon Martin,” the group wrote.

They've got nothing on Zimmerman so they're going fishing--or rather, having the fish come to them. Can you imagine how many false reports there will be? Will Zimmerman be charged on the basis of false reports, only to have another abortive trial with no evidence?

This is blowing up on Twitter. Wife and I have been having a good laugh at the DOJ's expense tonight.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    This is blowing up on Twitter. Wife and I have been having a good laugh at the DOJ's expense tonight.
    What's happening in the Twittersphere? What are people saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post

not frpm twitter...but form Robert Zimmerman

Robert Zimmerman SMACKING the arrogance off the face of lil ricky holder

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...DOJ-witch-hunt

Political persecution has reached a dimension unforeseen by many,” Robert Zimmerman continued. “It is inconceivable that high-ranking officials would endorse this kind of behavior. It is profoundly disserving that they facilitate it. I would remind the Department of Justice that a verdict has been reached in this case, and that the reputation of Sanford, Florida and the trust of the people of Sanford, Florida in regards to their law enforcement agencies is more important than continuing politically motivated and race-tinged assaults on an innocent man’s character.”

Putting the regime it its PLACE!!

Power CUer
    He's right, of course.

I cannot BELIEVE this fishing expedition. Holder needs to be arrested.

Fabulous Poster
    If you have time, could you put up a short "how to twitter" post? I have a twitter account, but i just don't get the concept.

7. #7 God Bless Conservative Treehouse! 
    Power CUer
    http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...ek/#more-66282

July 16, 2013

Honorable Eric H. Holder Jr.
    Attorney General of The United States Of America
    U.S. Department of Justice
    950 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W.
    Washington DC, 20530-0001

Dear General Holder:

It has come to our attention that you have requested the citizens of the United States to provide your office with any evidence or documentation, to support your efforts, toward proving any civil rights violations in the case of The State of Florida VS. George Zimmerman.

Further we have found numerous national media articles citing your direct and specific request. It is our understanding you have created a website for the collection of evidence in that regard:

Sanford.florida@usdoj.gov

We are in direct possession of the evidence you seek.

(a number of Black Panther flyers/photos)

As you can see, the death threats directly outlined in the case of George Zimmerman are clearly evidenced and outlined. In addition, the names, phone numbers, email addresses of the civil rights violators are clearly identified.

We look forward to your immediate arrest of Mr. James J Evans Muhammad and Mr. Mikhail S Muhammad for specific and direct threats of harm and bodily injury to Mr. George Zimmerman.

Should you need any further assistance we would be more than happy to provide your office with additional photographic, or physical, evidence. This one is a no-brainer.

Warmest regards,

Lawful and Concerned U.S. Citizens

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    If you have time, could you put up a short "how to twitter" post? I have a twitter account, but i just don't get the concept.
    You can look for what is trending and start Tweeting a particular subject. This gets you followers and you can start following others. That's the easiest part. Hashtags(#) are what you post to. Sort of like a message board here. "@" is who you tweet to. For example, you might be @novaheart. Hashtags would be something like, and this was used tonight for the all star game, #ASG. You would put a particular hashtag before you post. This takes up space so your comment needs to be brief. This is sort of what a tweet looks like:

MLB ‏@MLB 22m
    The song, the entrance, the ovation. Mo’s arrival was THE moment during tonight’s #ASG: http://atmlb.com/1bmXACL
    View summary Reply Retweet Favorite More

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Zimmerman hangs out with a bomber who killed who killed a police offic...oh wait, that was Obama.
    Zimmerman is as white as Obama.
    I heard he abandoned 4 Americans to die in Benghazi.

That sort of thing.

Fabulous Poster
    Zimmerman hangs out with a bomber who killed who killed a police offic...oh wait, that was Obama.
    Zimmerman is as white as Obama.
    I heard he abandoned 4 Americans to die in Benghazi.

That sort of thing.
    Funny, in a fantastic sort of way.

I can't believe that I was all about Hillary Clinton. Since her not becoming President I have learned that she is on record for gun control and now I see her true lack of integrity. In fairness, there is a lot of that going around.