Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 WARNING: NSFW 
    Seems like the lead singer for Disturbed is disturbed about this:

HOW FAR THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN,

I USED TO DREAM OF MAKING THE COVER OF ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE, AS IT USED TO BE THE ULTIMATE STATEMENT OF LEGITIMACY FOR AN ASPIRING MUSICIAN AND IT MEANT THAT YOU HAD REALLY MADE IT. OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS, ROLLING STONE HAS BECOME LESS AND LESS ABOUT MUSIC, AND HAS BECOME MORE AND MORE ABOUT BULLSHIT, POP CULTURE NONSENSE. EVEN THOUGH MANY OF US MAY NOT CARE FOR IT, WE WERE ABLE TO LIVE WITH IT…UNTIL THIS.

YOU…DARE…TO…PUT…THE…IMAGE…OF…THE…BOSTON…BOMBER…ON… THE…FUCKING…COVER…OF…YOUR…MAGAZINE!!!!????
    ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR ULTRA-LIBERAL, SYMPATHETIC TO A FAULT, FUCKING MINDS???
    YOU HAVE NOT ONLY SUCCEEDED IN BLATANTLY INSULTING AND DISHONORING THE VICTIMS AND FAMILIES WHOSE LIVES WERE FOREVER EFFECTED BY THIS RABID ANIMAL, BUT YOU HAVE NOW GLORIFIED HIS COWARDLY AND UNFORGIVABLE ACT. WHY? BECAUSE IT WILL SELL MAGAZINES? BECAUSE IT WILL CREATE CONTROVERSY? BECAUSE YOU ACTUALLY DO SYMPATHIZE WITH THIS ABHORRENT, COWARDLY, PIECE OF SHIT? YOU HAVE MADE IT ATTRACTIVE AND VALIDATED THE ACT, TO A WHOLE NEW GENERATION OF WANNA BE TERRORISTS SEEKING MARTYRDOM AND INFAMY. YOU, AND YOUR KIND ARE THE REASON WHY PEOPLE THINK THAT THEY CAN GO OUT “IN A BLAZE OF GLORY” WHILE MURDERING INNOCENTS. HONESTLY, AND I MEAN THIS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART…GO…FUCK…YOURSELVES.

THE NEXT TERRORIST/MURDERING INCIDENT, BE IT ANOTHER BOMBER, OR A MADMAN WITH AN ASSAULT RIFLE, UNLEASHING FIRE UPON A SCHOOL FULL OF CHILDREN, IS ON YOU.

MAY YOUR CONSCIENCES (IF YOU EVEN HAVE THEM) WIEGH IMMEASURABLE HEAVY ON YOU FOR THE REST FO YOUR LIVES. I CONDEMN THIS ACT, THIS NOTION, AND THIS WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT FUCKING RAG OF A MAGAZINE. MAY THE POWERS THAT BE HAVE MERCY UPON YOUR SOULS, BECAUSE THE NEXT TIME SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS, I ASSURE YOU, THE WORLD WONT.

-GO TO HELL

Read more: http://clashdaily.com/2013/07/can-of...#ixzz2ZQF5uN9e
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

There's quite a backlash brewing. NRO had a number of tweets from various celebrities who were appalled by this, as well as some very cool parodies of the cover.

• "You always think as an artist "If I ever get on the Rolling Stone I'll know I've made it!" That was until they started promoting terrorists." — John Rich, musician
    • "I have to say, the Rolling Stone magazine cover with the bomber is in poor taste. We shouldn't make rock stars out of murderers." — Brad Paisley, musician
    • "F**K RS!!!!! RT @EttyLauFarrell: No we are GLORIFYING the Terrorist?!?!?!? I am ASHAMED for them #BoycottRollingStone" — Dave Navarro, musician, Jane's Addiction
    • "Who's on the cover next issue Charles Manson Oh wait…" — Scott Ian, musician Anthrax

• "Really @RollingStone ? Wtff!!!" — Tommy Lee, musician, Mötley Crüe
    • "Shame on you @RollingStone for glorifying a monster!" — Kelly Osbourne, model and reality-show star
    • "incase you failed to realize #TheBostonBomber is a muderer not a band & has no place being on the cover of #rollingstone" — Kelly Osbourne
    • "I've devoted 30 yrs to being the best I can be & will likely NEVER be on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine...but a teenage terrorist can" — Mike Portnoy, musician, Dream Theater
    • "I can NOOTTT believe Rolling Stone put that murderer on the cover of their magazine!!! BOYCOT!!! UGH!" — Jordan Knight, musician, New Kids on the Block
    • "Apparently all this time I've been trying to get on the cover of Rolling Stone the HARD way." — "Weird" Al Yankovic, musician
    • "What a shame @RollingStone - really?!" — Stellar Revival
    • "wow. @RollingStone decided to put the Boston bomber on its cover. So now he's a rockstar?? I'm sure the victims are loving that. #Pathetic" — One Republic
    • "Rolling Stone you should be ashamed. How about one of the courageous victims on your cover instead of this loser scum bag ! #RollingStone" — Dropkick Murphys
    • "Bad move Rolling Stone" — Chris Evans, actor, Captain America
    • "Who knew Rolling Stone was the magazine for dreamboat terrorist cover boys? Should rename it Tamil Tiger Beat." — Mo Rocca, reporter, The Daily Show
    • "Does that puke Jann Wenner harbor erotic fantasies for that other puke, the Boston Bomber? F**k them both…" — James Woods, actor, White House Down
    • "At Rolling Stone: "Let's use Zimmerman next!" "Does Dylan have a new album dropping?" "Not Bob, George!" /eye gouge/ /wrench to nose/" — Patton Oswalt, comedian
    • "It will be easy for me to boycott Rolling Stone because I never buy it anyway." — Doug Benson, comedian
    • "Making a great album isn't enough to get you on the cover of rolling stone anymore. Blowing up kids is. #pathetic" — Doug Ellin, creator of Entourage
    • "Rolling Stone - No matter what the content of the article might be, you DO realize your cover space is all about glorification, right? #Ugh" — James Van Der Beek, actor
    • "I'd be remiss if I didn't express my disappointment in @rollingstone magazine's cover. For many reasons, it just feels wrong. #BostonStrong" — Donnie Wahlberg, actor and Boston native
    • "Maybe I'm old fashioned but putting the Boston bomber on the cover or Rolling Stone is a terrible idea." — Albert Brooks, actor
    • "Only in America can a Jihadi thug who murdered women and children be nursed back to health & then get a @RollingStone cover." — Donald Trump, celebrity realtor
    But, just in case there was any doubt that this was a crude, tasteless and evil act, one of the usual suspects has weighed in:

• "The actual @RollingStone report into the Boston Marathon bomber is superb, and important journalism" — Piers Morgan, cable talk-show host
    And, let's remember that leadership demands taking courageous stands on the issues:

• "I don't have a White House reaction"— Jay Carney, press spokesman for President Obama

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    I think this one would have been the best.

Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    The Rolling Stone has been irrelevant for years anyhow. They are nothing but a music magazine that knows nothing about the report on, music.
    Back when I subscribed to multiple magazines in the pre-internet era, Rolling Stone was one that I was a long-time reader of. Given my advancing age ( ), I un-subscribed 10-15 years ago. Maybe I'm becoming an "old fogey", but I don't find a lot of great newer music anymore. Never thought that would happen.

And get off my lawn!!!
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    And get off my lawn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I think this one would have been the best.

May God watch over his family.