Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 If I were a Republican Strategist right now I would be licking my lips . 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    If I Were a Republican Strategist

And With All of this If Barack Obama and his fellow Democrats cannot be defeated between now and Election Day, the Republican Party will have no one to blame but themselves.

If I were a Republican Strategist right now I would be licking my lips, rubbing my hands together, and probably drooling a bit over the prospect of hanging this “sub-prime” mess around the necks of the Democrats in general and Barack Obama in particular. Fannie Mae

Here’s why:
    1. Fannie Mae lowered the lending standards in 1999 during the Clinton Administration.

2. One of its CEOs, a Democrat named Franklin Raines, was found to have manipulated the books to amass millions. He was succeeded by Jim Johnson.

3. Jim Johnson, at one point, was in charge of Barack Obama’s search committee for a Vice Presidential running mate.

4. Obama, during his four years in office, received more campaign donations from Fannie Mae than any other Senator, four times as much.

5. Democrats in Congress are on record disparaging the investigators who testified to the machinations within Fannie Mae and experts who predicted the sub-prime debacle would occur.

While the mainstream media is doing all it can to distract the public by echoing Democrat claims that this is a greedy Wall Street problem, Republicans could point to the fact that:

6. Fannie Mae required banking and mortgage lenders to make these sub-prime loans. They had no choice. This isn’t “greedy lenders” fault, but it did come back to hurt them.

If this isn’t a DEMOCRAT mess, made in Washington, D.C. by DEMOCRATS seeking to lock up minority votes by providing government-backed housing loans, than I am missing something in this equation.

If I were a Republican strategist, I would tap public anger and that, of course, is what today’s defeat of the bailout plan represents.

snip

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/5279

And which party has controlled the White House for the last 3,176 days?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Everytime a post is made that contains overwhelming evidence that this shit is on the Dimbulbs, a Dem makes the same one line response: IT"S BUSHIIIIIIEEEEEEESSSSSS FAULT!!!

You should assign that text to a function key on your keyboard. It will allow you to make those posts fast and furious.

Sorry, for the vast majority of actually thinking voters - it’s what they’re going to be thinking as they go into the booth. And you know it.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Sorry, for the vast majority of actually thinking voters - it’s what they’re going to be thinking as they go into the booth. And you know it.
    Another victory for the liberal MSM.

Just because they're thinking that doesn't mean they're actually thinking.
    Be Not Afraid.

Boy, with DarwinsFriend here so excited about a possible victory for Hussein, I think we should all buy stock in Jergen's and Kleenex.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Another victory for the liberal MSM.

Just because they're thinking that doesn't mean they're actually thinking.

They may be really thinking, but they won't have the facts to base a good decision on.

The MSM has long since ceased to be an adequate source of information. They are nothing more than the PR department for the Dems.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

It is correct that voters will ascribe blame to Republicans but NOT by "thinking voters." If they were thinking voters they would KINOW that the President isn't a Dictator (at least for now) and cannot control the legislation that lead to this fiasco.

BOTH Parties are to blame but the DIMS pushed this and got it. You aren't stupid so I believe you KNOW this and are merely deflecting. DIMS share the biggest slice of this POOH pie they created.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

You are in denial! This won't float.

From Thomas Sowell, much smarter than you.

The roots of this problem go back many years, but since the crisis to which all this led happened on George W. Bush's watch, that is enough for those who think in terms of talking points, without wanting to be confused by the facts.

In reality, President Bush tried unsuccessfully, years ago, to get Congress to create some regulatory agency to oversee Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

And let us not forget that the Democrats, with a 31-seat majority, could not get 95 of their own to vote for the bailout, largely because it didn't provide enough taxpayer money to their left-wing special interests. Would that they thought about the country.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.