Thread: Republic Wireless Beta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1 Republic Wireless Beta 
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,095
    I decided to try out the Republic wireless Beta program.

    I ordered the phone and will have it day after tomorrow.
    Supposedly for 19.95 per month you get unlimited data, unlimited talk and unlimited text.
    The software in the phone prioritizes wifi operation so that anytime wifi is available it uses wifi rather than cellular system. When no wifi is available it uses the sprint cell system.
    This should be interesting, if it works it would save me one hell of a bunch of money but I am very skeptical.
    https://community.republicwireless.com/welcome
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sarasota,FL
    Posts
    41,911
    Let us know how it turns out!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,095
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Let us know how it turns out!!!
    Tracking say's it will be here Monday, I was hoping for today.
    If it works I'll get another phone for that woman. this will save me about 70.00 per month.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,095
    After two months I have to say it is a good company with good service with a less than desirable but fully tolerable phone. I recommend it to some but maybe not yet to truckers or bussiness people that travel a lot because I have heard of problems .
    The cheezy phone problem is solved in November when they start shipping the Motorola Moto X which has outstanding reviews and is rumored to be the reason why Google bought Motorola..
    Here is a link for those who would like to sign up for notification of when the Moto X is available to ship. DO NOT SIGN UP UNTIL MOTO X IS AVAILABLE!
    http://republicwireless.com/moto-x
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Loss Prevention RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    14,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    After two months I have to say it is a good company with good service with a less than desirable but fully tolerable phone. I recommend it to some but maybe not yet to truckers or bussiness people that travel a lot because I have heard of problems .
    The cheezy phone problem is solved in November when they start shipping the Motorola Moto X which has outstanding reviews and is rumored to be the reason why Google bought Motorola..
    Here is a link for those who would like to sign up for notification of when the Moto X is available to ship. DO NOT SIGN UP UNTIL MOTO X IS AVAILABLE!
    http://republicwireless.com/moto-x
    The phone is more expensive and so is the service.

    What happens if you are in a Wi-Fi area that requires a password? Will your phone still ring? Can you use the phone?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,095
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    The phone is more expensive and so is the service.

    What happens if you are in a Wi-Fi area that requires a password? Will your phone still ring? Can you use the phone?
    Whenever wifi is unavailable, password protected or the signal is too weak it uses the sprint system. It is more or less an honor system asking you to use wifi whenever possible.
    It works well for that woman and I, we average 65% wifi on our usage. For all users the average is normaly around 40% wifi.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Loss Prevention RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    14,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Whenever wifi is unavailable, password protected or the signal is too weak it uses the sprint system. It is more or less an honor system asking you to use wifi whenever possible.
    It works well for that woman and I, we average 65% wifi on our usage. For all users the average is normaly around 40% wifi.
    The Moto X I hear is a good phone. Existing Republic customers will be getting a discount on the new plans if they upgrade.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,095
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    The Moto X I hear is a good phone. Existing Republic customers will be getting a discount on the new plans if they upgrade.
    100.00 rebate from motorola for trade in
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,095
    I have to stop and point something out that I find a little disturbing, it would seem that their policy of giving you a full refund after 30 days may have some holes in it, there have been several threads posted lately by people that have returned equipment lately claiming their equipment was perfect or near perfect and they were charged for scratches and scuffs.
    i don't know how legitimate their claims are but there seems to be a pattern where most of the people are charged 35.00 and the claims read almost the same from one person to the next.
    The threads are posted on Republics website in the community section where anybody can read them and decide for themselves,if you need specific links PM me and I'll give them to you.
    Other than this I have basically been happy with my service since mid july and think that 30 days is not enough time to evaluate a cell company anyway.
    The Moto X phones are superb,I'm becoming addicted to mine. Don't let their 30 day satisfaction guarantee be a deciding factor in a decision to sign up.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,095
    I am no longer recommending this company.Yes I am saving quite a bit over what I paid before but I just found out they have changed their data policy to throttling after 5 gigs of data and also throttling after 200 MB of roaming data. they don't charge you more on your bill but after 2 overages in either roaming or domestic in six months they slow your speed to what they call 2G speeds for the remainder of the month and don'don't tell you what 2G speed actually is.
    This will likely have little effect on me since I am in an area where all cell signals are weak, my download speeds are always on the slow side anyway.
    So far this is two times they have taken the liberty to redefine words to their advantage, satisfaction guarantee and unlimited. I hope they stop here and don't redefine anymore of their policy.
    The old saying that if it seems to good to be true it usually is rings true here, with a user customizable ring of course.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •