Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Should Hamtramck Erect A 12-Foot Wall To Keep Out Detroiters? 
    DETROIT (WWJ) – Prosperous suburbs surrounding Detroit — and even the struggling enclaves within — are working to distance themselves from a city in financial ruin.

In Hamtramck, one City Council candidate is taking that idea to the extreme.

Richard Fabiszak has proposed that Hamtramck build a 12 or 14-foot wall around the city, keeping out Detroiters, and requiring state-issued identification to get in.

“That sounds crazy to me,” one Hamtramck resident told WWJ Newsradio 950′s Sandra McNeil. “I never heard of such a thing. That sounds like something you’d see in a movie — some kind of science fiction movie.”

Resident Felicia Coldhoffer agrees.”Wall off the city and you need ID to come in? That’s insane,” she said.

But, is the crime situation in Detroit such that a plan like this would make sense to protect Hamtramck?

“It’s getting a little rough and tumble, but, I mean, that’s not the way to fix it. Ya know, you build for the bottom up. You don’t wall it off,” Coldhoffer said.

Read More>http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/07/...ut-detroiters/

According to 201o census figures, 14.5 percent of Hamtramck’s population is of Polish origin; in 1970, it was 90 percent Polish. Over the past 30 years, a large number of immigrants from the Middle East, particularity Yemen, and South Asia have moved to Hamtramck. The 2010 survey estimate the city’s foreign-born population at just over 41 percent.
    Okay let me see here, middle eastern foreign born population of 41 percent..............do they need help with the fence or need materials?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

...and just make sure it's water-tight...
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Okay let me see here, middle eastern foreign born population of 41 percent..............do they need help with the fence or need materials?
    Materials? Looks like there's plenty of surplus building materials right next door....

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

41% Middle Easterners living in "Ham"tramck, delicious irony.........very delicious!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Fabulous Poster
    I hate to keep beating the same horse, but this is all related, it really is.

What has the "black community" so hot about the Trayvon Martin case? For forty years white people have more or less accepted the idea of "black rage" that black people in general and black males in particular had a sort of right of self defense to respond with physical violence or intimidation to the nword or other expressions of indignity. Last Saturday they got told that they have to keep their hands to themselves or risk being shot by their victims. Black pundits asked "What do we tell our children?" and white people across America answered "To keep their fucking hands to themselves!" This is a huge blow to victimhood. It says, "Your anger is not special."

I just Knew a story on HAM Tramack..would get your attention.

is 12 feet ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuga Mikey View Post
    I just Knew a story on HAM Tramack..would get your attention.

is 12 feet ENOUGH?
    I am still in a quandary over which is more important, keeping Ham residents in or keeping Detroit residents away from Ham?

I am still in a quandary over which is more important, keeping Ham residents in or keeping Detroit residents away from Ham?
    Oh Hell, let's just built a wall around each of them.

who knew we be so close to Regressing to the walled city kingdoms of history so soon into Odrama's second term??

Hamtramck has enough cops to make their tiny little enclave one big speed trap, they don't really need a wall, they just need different priorities.

Southfield tried to build a wall along the Detroit city line (8 Mile RD) in the 60s. Southfield is now the most integrated suburb. It won't work, we don't have the Israeli military to man it.