Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuga Mikey View Post
    who knew we be so close to Regressing to the walled city kingdoms of history so soon into Odrama's second term??

Anyone who followed the history of the collapse of Rome. At least Romulus Augustulus had been raised in the legions and had some idea of how to govern.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Oh Hell, let's just built a wall around each of them.
    I'm surprised that there's not more shock and outrage about this. The creation of an internal passport system is a huge exercise in tyranny, and for a Muslim enclave to want to wall itself off from the rest of the country, well, let's just say that I wouldn't want to be one of the few remaining people there who isn't Sharia compliant.

Meshuga Mikey called this one. We're reverting to Medievel standards under Progressivism.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    41% Middle Easterners living in "Ham"tramck, delicious irony.........very delicious!
    It was named after a person, not pork products.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Since the economy is headed for the crapper in that area they should be downgraded to Spamtramck
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I'm sure that's true, but the largest business in the city, outside of the GM Poletown plant that is partly in Hamtramck and partly in Detroit, is the Kowalski hot dog/sausage factory. Lots of pork products there, plus a cool retro neon sign in the shape of a hot dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

I'm surprised that there's not more shock and outrage about this. The creation of an internal passport system is a huge exercise in tyranny, and for a Muslim enclave to want to wall itself off from the rest of the country, well, let's just say that I wouldn't want to be one of the few remaining people there who isn't Sharia compliant.
    Things must've changed considerably. When I lived in the near-west suburbs up till I left for the Army in 1975, Hamtramck was largely a Polish community. That was still pretty much the case as recently as 1995 when I worked in Ferndale.

The muzzies had already been taking over and dominating Dearborn for some years, but this is the first that I've heard that the muzzies overran Hamtramck too.

I think they're still making Paczkis in Hamtramck for Fat Tuesday and other occasions.

Yup.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/new-palace-bakery-hamtramck
    U.S. Army, Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    Things must've changed considerably. When I lived in the near-west suburbs up till I left for the Army in 1975, Hamtramck was largely a Polish community. That was still pretty much the case as recently as 1995 when I worked in Ferndale.

The muzzies had already been taking over and dominating Dearborn for some years, but this is the first that I've heard that the muzzies overran Hamtramck too.

I think they're still making Paczkis in Hamtramck for Fat Tuesday and other occasions.

Yup.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/new-palace-bakery-hamtramck

There are still a lot of Polish people left in Hamtramck, and the bakeries there still make paczkis on Fat Tuesday.

The muslims in Dearborn are for the most part from Syria and Lebanon. The muslims in Hamtramck are from all over-Africa, Bosnia, etc. There is also a large Indian/Hindu community there.

There are still a couple of good, authentic Polish restaurants there. St. Florians is still there, also, dominating the skyline.