1. #1 Was Israel’s Latest ‘Air’ Attack on Syria from a Submarine? 
    10:40 AM, Jul 20, 2013 • By TOM GROSS

An attack two weeks ago that destroyed an advanced Russian missile shipment delivered to Syria’s Assad regime should also serve as a warning to Iran – and to those complacent Western diplomats who have (dangerously in my view) reconciled themselves to the idea of allowing Iran to go nuclear and then trying to contain it. For it seems that the July 5 attack on an arms depot near the Syrian naval base of Latakia, which has been attributed to Israel, came not from the air (as CNN and the New York Times reported last weekend) but from under the water.
    israeli sub

Many Western officials who have apparently concluded that Israel could only destroy Iran’s nuclear program from the air – and that Israel does not have the capability to carry out such long-range air strikes in a decisive way – should take note. In recent years, Israel has greatly advanced its sea-based capabilities, and the geographical range of operations that Israel can mount from the sea, I am reliably told, now spans the entire globe. Israeli submarines are no longer confining themselves to the Mediterranean.
    Read More>http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ne_740163.html

Interesting article
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    10:40 AM, Jul 20, 2013 • By TOM GROSS

An attack two weeks ago that destroyed an advanced Russian missile shipment delivered to Syria’s Assad regime should also serve as a warning to Iran – and to those complacent Western diplomats who have (dangerously in my view) reconciled themselves to the idea of allowing Iran to go nuclear and then trying to contain it. For it seems that the July 5 attack on an arms depot near the Syrian naval base of Latakia, which has been attributed to Israel, came not from the air (as CNN and the New York Times reported last weekend) but from under the water.
    israeli sub

Many Western officials who have apparently concluded that Israel could only destroy Iran’s nuclear program from the air – and that Israel does not have the capability to carry out such long-range air strikes in a decisive way – should take note. In recent years, Israel has greatly advanced its sea-based capabilities, and the geographical range of operations that Israel can mount from the sea, I am reliably told, now spans the entire globe. Israeli submarines are no longer confining themselves to the Mediterranean.
    Read More>http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ne_740163.html

Interesting article
    It's a surprise you can spring once. After that, all your potential opponents start taking additional countermeasures against small low-flying subsonic aircraft coming from the nearest open ocean water. Old-school ADA autocannons are actually fairly effective against cruise missiles, if the crews have enough of an alert to stand to, like for instance if they're defending a target well away from the coast that involves a substantial flight time over inhabited land. Even after we took out the upper levels of their ADA net with radiation-homing missiles (A tactic the IDF can't emulate with just a few subs), the Iraqis still managed to shoot down a fair number of our cruise missiles.